Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

T-Rex Goggles for 532nm 300mw laser

So I am planning on purchasing the following 300mw 532nm laser:

532nm 300mW IR Filtered Focusable Green Laser Torch [RF532-300mW-HGX(IR Filtered)] - $259.00 : Rayfoss Lasers!, Rayfoss your trusable onlinestore

First off, am I making a mistake with that laser / company? Does anyone know if their lasers get confiscated as well? I didn't see them on the "red list."

I am also considering the following goggles. Is this also a mistake, and are these credible goggles? If not, what would be a good cheap pair to be safe with this laser?

T-REX Laser Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

So I am planning on purchasing the following 300mw 532nm laser:

532nm 300mW IR Filtered Focusable Green Laser Torch [RF532-300mW-HGX(IR Filtered)] - $259.00 : Rayfoss Lasers!, Rayfoss your trusable onlinestore

First off, am I making a mistake with that laser / company? Does anyone know if their lasers get confiscated as well? I didn't see them on the "red list."

I am also considering the following goggles. Is this also a mistake, and are these credible goggles? If not, what would be a good cheap pair to be safe with this laser?

T-REX Laser Safety Goggles for 532nm / 445nm Laser

For what i know rafoss is a pretty credible company very few complaints. But i never ordered from them so i don't really know.

For the goggles i have 2 pairs. There cheap and they work but i would never use them with a 1W+ build. Offcourse there better than nothing but it just isn't top notch quality!

I would go for the survivallaser eagle pair in my sig! They might be expensive but they are all the goggles you will ever need. Also these goggles block IR which the lazerer one does not!!

Eyes are worth more then mone believe me :beer:

greetings,,

Going with the Eagle Pair +1 for the wifey. Believe me I know the money is worth it. Thanks for the advice. Definitely the one thing you would not want to fail at picking out.....

Hiemal

Yeeah, I've always heard that T-rex protective glasses aren't really protective at all.

If you're stingy on money, look for SCT-orange UVEX glasses. They're $10, and surprisingly enough protect well from 445 nm direct strikes enough for me to say that they're good to use. They also protect from 405nm, and 532 nm to a lesser extent.