Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Switch for my labby help pls?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a switch for the labby I will be making soon, and a guy at RadioShack tried telling me that I have to have a certain switch for certain powers, I'm going to use a 9v Battery, I don't need any special switch right? I just split a wire and hook the switch to the wire and it shouldn't matter what kind of switch as long as its a switch right? Sorry for my confusing question, but please answer quick because I am leaving for RadioShack in an hour and need an answer Thank You:thanks:
EDIT: Sorry for The Typo In the Title, it's kind of embarrassing actually...

Last edited:

The switches are rated for voltage and current. Even their smalles switch should work OK unless you are going over an Amp or so -- Even then, most will work. Pick one that looks good!!!

HMike

Thanks for your input, I went to RadioShack and I was confused because I was looking at the automotive switches...(lol :crackup:) so I was trying to figure out about the extra prong and stuff, but I ended up buying a Red Clicky On/Off switch.

most any common switch will work on a 9VDC battery. just switch the - lead instead of the +.