Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Lasers S4 host

wheedy

As most of you might have seen, Survival Lasers made a new host available not too long ago, and thanks to feedback here on LPF, they offered it as an unmarked host kit!

Here is a link to the host, in case anyone is interested:
S4 Laser Host Assembly
There are options to anodize the heatsink, and I chose blue since I built it as a 445nm.

For my build, I picked up a DIY 445nm 1.8A Driver & Pill Module from SL when I ordered the S4.
Then, I ordered an M140 from DTR.

Time for pictures!

EQsfx.jpg

9qEnf.jpg

RjRgZ.jpg

uV2yP.jpg

wxu8I.jpg

R3k2g.jpg

GeySb.jpg

R84ZT.jpg

VElzm.jpg

XNIUm.jpg

vi5jI.jpg

My duty cycle with this host at this power is roughly 30/45 seconds on, 60 seconds off. It starts to get pretty hot if I leave it on longer than 45 seconds, and I don't want to lower the lifetime of the diode, so 45 seconds is a max. As usual, I don't have an LPM, so no power metering for me.

I would 120% recommend this host to anyone looking for a small and solid host. It has a wonderful and solid construction and feels very nice in the hand. The clicky is very responsive and gives a satisfying 'click' when powering on and off. It even comes with a wrist strap, if you're into that kind of thing.

Design 10/10
Build 10/10
Heat Capacity 7/10
(small heatsink, but it's a small host, what do you expect? You're getting this for the looks, not the long duty cycle ;))

Last edited:

are you running this off 2 RCR123A? which lens are you using? Nice looking laser!! i'm just waiting to get some parts and am going to do a m140 with this host, anthot boost drive (1.2Amps), and 1x18650 seeing this has me pretty excited!

wheedy

are you running this off 2 RCR123A? which lens are you using? Nice looking laser!! i'm just waiting to get some parts and am going to do a m140 with this host, anthot boost drive (1.2Amps), and 1x18650 seeing this has me pretty excited!

Yep, using 2xCR123s. And the lens is a standard 3 element glass lens.

Nice build man ! :)

I have also wanted to ask you a question about your Ultrafire c8. I have about 5 of them right now and I don't have any kind of measuring tools so.. I wanted to ask you what are the dimensions of your heatsink ?

The C8 is kind of big host so I'm thinking about getting 2.2W +- from it.

:)

wheedy

Nice build man ! :)

I have also wanted to ask you a question about your Ultrafire c8. I have about 5 of them right now and I don't have any kind of measuring tools so.. I wanted to ask you what are the dimensions of your heatsink ?

The C8 is kind of big host so I'm thinking about getting 2.2W +- from it.

:)
Woah, sorry for way late reply.

I don't have a ruler or measuring tool on hand, so I'm going to compare it to a 9v battery. The diameter is the same as the 9v battery minus the battery's contact points. It is also the same thickness as the 9v is if it laying down so that the two largest faces of the battery are on the ground and facing up.