Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Lasers DIY kit

Davidx

Decided to try my hand at building a kit. I ordered mine from Survival Lasers.
Bought my Eagle Pairs from Gary and found him pleasant to do business with.
Ordered a M-140 diode from DTR. Arrived in a couple days. Decided to spend the small amount extra for the stainless steel host. The kit itself was all top drawer, including the G2 lens that had his beautiful blue anodized lens adjuster
Instructions were excellent as were the photos that guided me step by step, which were perfect for someone who was new at assembling his first laser.
Followed the step by step instructions. Soldered the driver to the diode, screwed it all together. I was rewarded with a beautiful laser that put out over 2 watts on my LPM.
Got to learn something, spent my money with 2 nice guys here in the good old USA, and ended up with a top quality laser at a fraction of the money I'd of spent buying one, and didn't have to pay a small fortune for shipping that usually takes forever.
I'm very happy with it, and am in the middle of putting together a 520nm that will be over a watt in power.

Attachments

• 2015-10-03 12.54.01.jpg
    2015-10-03 12.54.01.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 2015-10-03 12.54.23.jpg
    2015-10-03 12.54.23.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 129

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice looking laser Davidx, I agree, those extended, anodized focus adapters are super! :)
You can't go wrong dealing with Gary and Survival Laser; they're good people.

Good work David, that stainless steel host is nice, I have one too and I like it.

Alan

Hi D,
Glad you are building one yourself instead of buying one from chinese makers. There are many choices to choose from here at LPF the vendors are awesome great to work with. I bought my first laser it was a chinese 520nm / 500mW . i put it on my LPM and it read 50mW. well that was it no more buying premade builds. Don't get me wrong some of the more reputable are fine. That was just my choice Now i build myself knowing whats inside and how its constructed. DTR,Lazeerer, Euhgemus , Survival lasers,AixiZ are all awesome vendors and i probably miss a few more . If you buy here in the states no long waiting and the money is spent here in the USA. But there will be always some item you'll have to buy from overseas.

Rich:) Happy building be careful its addicting very!!!

Encap

Nice work --quality laser from a DIY kit!

Everything Survival Lasers/Gary offers is high quality and everything works together faultlessly + great instructions as well. We are lucky to have Survival Lasers as a USA based resource offering as many choices as Gary offers.

Garoq

Thanks David and all for the kind words, we appreciate your business. And congrats David on your successful builds. More cool stuff coming soon! ;)

Looks good! Just a quick question...how recently did you order this kit with instructions from Survival Lasers? I've been trying to find this "survival kit" but haven't been able to find it on their website

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
TheTranq, This host bundle may be the one your looking for, with the optional S.S. host.

Last edited:
Hi D,
Gary is a wonderful gentleman and his customer service is impeccable . Always eager to please his customers. And on top you made a great choice all his products are top shelf.
Great job on your build buddy.

Rich:)