Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Surplus shed 20% + random() * 20% off

HIMNL9

Yes, but they still charge you the full price (or, at least, they made this with me ..... i'm still waiting their reply about this)

HIMNL9

I just ordered few lenses i need for an experiment ..... received the email notification that was saying the same thing as on the site order window, "roulette discount 22%" and "total price 45,24$" ..... then checked paypal account, and found "surplusshed charge 58,00$", that was the price before the discount .....

Is not for the few $$, is for the principle, if one say me "discount applied", i expect they apply it for real ..... except maybe for the fact that it was an error from their site script, for this i asked them via email and waiting a reply, before open a paypal dispute .....

Hmm, no charge on mine yet, so I'll see. I printed off a copy just to be sure. 32% off was pretty sweet though.

I just ordered few lenses i need for an experiment ..... received the email notification that was saying the same thing as on the site order window, "roulette discount 22%" and "total price 45,24$" ..... then checked paypal account, and found "surplusshed charge 58,00$", that was the price before the discount ....

It's probably a screw up since they're supposed to verify whether you'll accept the shipping quote prior to shipping outside the US. They didn't apply the discount to my shipping ($5 in the US).

HIMNL9

^ yes, i thoughd the same thing, cause the site was saying "Final shipping information & total cost will be e-mailed to you before processing" ..... but, before this, they already charged my paypal account for the full cost, without apply the discount.

I emailed them about this immediately, with images as proof, and instead a reply, today i received another email when they ask me other money for shipping costs .....

I will let them another pair of days and emails for explain me all this, then if nothing come solved, i will file a paypal complain for fraud.

Hmm, that is pretty odd. Though SS does, as of late, not seem to be as "up" on their orders as before. I think they outright forgot to send out one of my packages, and then after I emailed them a half month later THEN they send me a tracking number and such. Hopefully it goes through for you.

HIMNL9

I got a reply from them ..... perhaps their discount worked in reverse ..... first they charged me for the full price, then they asked me for the shipping type i want, and then they refunded me the discount, minus the shipping fees ($ 7,76 , that becomed in reality $ 6,01 , cause Paypal steal your money both from payments than from refunds :p) .....

Still a strange way for give discounts, IMHO ..... maybe they get more orders not feeding unhelpfully paypal gang, and giving directly one-time right charges .....