Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Surefire E2D LED Defender Ultra Review

Surefire E2D LED Defender Ultra Extended Review
An Extension of our “Top Flashlights for Every Use” Article

iscA8wH.jpg

“To say that the Surefire is built like a tank is an understatement.”
- Mike Prunty, in his review of the E2D.​

The LED Defender Ultra is at the crux of tactical, utilitarian, durable, and fashionable, making it an easy choice for our list of top flashlights in the everyday carry category. With a crenelated strike bezel proudly protruding from the front, the Surefire E2D can be your best friend when you decided to walk through Gotham when the Batman’s not in town. Matter of fact, this beast is Batman’s flashlight of choice. The E2D LED Ultra is basically an upgraded version of the E2D LED. The only difference between the two lights is that the Ultra has around 300 lumens extra and enhanced optics.

dALKH9r.jpg
3Xhqczr.png

With a virtually indestructible LED emitter, your flashlight will continue to operate, even after you’ve clocked “the Joker” who tried to steal your wallet. And whilst the E2D is a bit larger than other everyday carry lights mentioned before, it’s still small relative to the flashlight world, and it still easily fits in the pocket of your favorite pair of jeans.

p7fXXDH.jpg
KdLaAea.png

“Surefire has taken all of the quality and engineering innovations they are well known for and has made a light which…both looks good and could do significant damage to an opponent if wielded properly.”
- FlashlightReviews.com

It’s an interesting concept; using a flashlight as a method of self-defense. But the truth is that we all need to protect ourselves, and Surefire is known for building some of the top flashlights when it comes to durability, reliability, and capability.

We also spoke with Thomas Carlson, a public relations representative with Surefire, and he gave me a bit of insight into why Surefire designed the E2D, and what Surefire is all about. Here is what he told me:

“The inspiration behind the E2D LED Ultra was to create the most durable, Effective self-defense light on the market. By featuring 500 blinding lumens, along with the Crenelated Strike Bezel you can use this tool in several manners to defend yourself, or a loved one… Our motto is to build the best no matter what. From our precision machining, American manufacturing, optics, electronics, and hard anodizing, we put our best into every product we produce.”

Beamshot Comparison:

LDt88Vr.jpg

Technical Specifications:
- Output / Runtime -- White Light
o High: 500.0 lumens / 2.25 hours
o Low: 5.0 lumens / 67.75
- Tactical Runtime*: 2.25 hours
- Length 5.60 inches
- Bezel Diameter: 1 .125 inches
- Weight w/Batteries: 4.2 ounces
- Batteries: 2 x 123A (included)

Another interesting testimonial can be seen in the above video. It features Jim, a guy who happened to be in Haiti at the time of the 2010 earthquakes, crediting his Surefire E2D with helping save his and other’s lives. (Simply click the screenshot to be taken to the YouTube video.)

The Surefire E2D LED Defender can be purchased from an authorized Surefire vendor for $265.00 by clicking here.

Nice review but thats an expensive light!!!! you do realize you can directly put a YouTube video in your post like this

i really do love the quality of your photos :D that makes me want to read your reviews

A review is a critical evaluation. Have you evaluated any of the manufacturers claims?
Lots of nice pictures, yes. The rest looks like copy pasta.

I have the regualr bulb one. I like the yellow light it produces. Sadly I cant find any replacement bulbs :(