Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Noob Buying a Laser Need elite laser users!!!!

ok so i will begin saying that i live in Florida near Miami and i want to buy a violet laser although not sure of green is for me. My friend used to have a pretty strong laser that used 2 AAA batteries and it was decently strong but i want something nice and strong and impressive for a decent price. i dont want to get ripped off so can someone help me to buy something from the internet that will ship to the USA thats super strong that i can visibly see the beam. i Want it to take 2 AAA batteries as they are easily accessible. Where do you guys suggest buying a laser online for a decent price. I am willing to pay around $80 - 120 dollars! please let me know.

Thanks Laser guys.! =)

anselm

Go to ebay, look for member "itemquickship".;)
Oh and welcome to the forum!:wave:

thank you so much buddy! i appreciate the help. Most will just pass by and say ehhhh this guys a pain in the A on saturday. ( it rhymes ). Anyways what would you suggest from this guys store on ebay if im looking for a super strong violet laser?

damnit, forgot to mention that i cannot do ebay because i dont have paypal confirmed adress. complicated shtttt. anyways... maybe a website? that takes credit card?

anselm

Then look here, it looks like they take credit cards, and it's not a rip-off site, like so
many other chinese ultracheapo stores.
400mW blu-ray 405nm laser torch /adjustable/waterproof [OL-405T-400] - $102.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products
You do realize though that this is alot of power?
It might not even look very bright to your eyes, due to it's wavelength, but it sure is
enough to pop your retinas, even a quick reflection can damage your invaluable, precious eyesight.

Please read the stickies about laser safety.

i want something pretty strong that is extremely visible in night and day. maybe if it cannot be violet then maybe pink or green? i would lie something that uses AAA batteries because i am not sure how i will get my hands on the batteries that are required by those super high powered lasers. or maybe a laser with the charger for the battery would be nice. you guys are FCKING awesome for helping me thanks a million times!!

DJNY

i want something pretty strong that is extremely visible in night and day. maybe if it cannot be violet then maybe pink or green? i would lie something that uses AAA batteries because i am not sure how i will get my hands on the batteries that are required by those super high powered lasers. or maybe a laser with the charger for the battery would be nice. you guys are FCKING awesome for helping me thanks a million times!!

You have to do A LOT OF READING here before you purchase your `extremly visible pink laser powered by AAA batteries´ :crackup:

HIMNL9

^ in the darkness and with fog/smoke, also a 10mW laser beam can be seen as in that video ..... the problem is to see it in the same way at ambient light and with no fog/smoke ;) ..... and for have a similar visibility in ambient light and no smoke, you need WATTS, not milliwatts (and professional safety goggles, too), and the thing become too dangerous for be used for fun.

DJNY

Why giving this guy laser recommendations!?

According to his questions his laser knowledge is equal to zero! No offense Andrew, but you have to read a bit more about laser before purchasing one.

Even a 50mW laser is a weapon in the wrong hands.

HIMNL9

Why giving this guy laser recommendations!?

According to his questions his laser knowledge is equal to zero.....

..... for help him in learning the correct way for handle lasers, increasing his knowledges ? ;)

Please, remember that none of us is born knowing anything about all ..... we need to learn, and for learn, we need that the ones that know something, gives those knowledges, in a way or in another ..... i'm not saying that is a good thing to "feed the trolls" and so on, but, first, you need to know if the person that you are speaking with, is a troll, or just a person that want to increase his knowledges (also posing "apparently stupid" questions, yes ..... first or after, all us was noobs).

So, personally, i always tend to try to help the ones that ask for informations, if i have the informations that they ask ..... ofcourse, if in the time you see that those peoples still continue to not learn and make mistakes and give wrong advices, then you can classify them as trolls, take out the spiked mace and start the hunting :D ..... but, say me sincerely, you don't think that may worth the effort to try to increase those "equal to zero" knowledges, before, also for help other persons to not made mistakes and dangerous things with a laser ?

Just my half cent, ofcourse, but is this way that i think :)

DJNY

I fully understand your point! As I reread the posts in this thread, I´ve to add that my statement is more addressed to Eudaimonium.

He would purchase a laser either way. It's much better off for him to purchase something worth the money instead of some junk on eBay.

Besides, anybody in their common sense knows NOT to point the laser into anybody out of any reason.

That applies here also, Andrew. Never ever, into eyes and anything alive, into traffic or in general where people are likely to be. OK?

DJNY

The O-Like laser linked above is a good one. I´m sure you´re going to have much fun with this one!