Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Laser Case :)

Very nice! How did you do the inserts? And where did you get the case, for those of us who still need one?

Here is how I did one= I get some of that white fairly dense foam and cut to size with a razor knife- hot glued in place then took some cloth starting in the center hot glued the material making tucks and folds where needed. Trimmed the edges and tucked/glued them around the places where the foam meets thecase- came out pretty good IMO/

for around 16$ you can get a lockable cd/vdv case made to hold 32 discs for smalls or one large lazor or a 64 disc case to hold several. try Fry's or Toger direct.

hope this helps----hak

Last edited:
Last edited:
Cool I did the same thing with the exact same set about a year ago.:wave:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f57/walmarts-poker-set-aluminum-case-lasers-56099.html

Mine Has Only 2 on each side though.

But for 10 bucks i wish i bought a few. I cant find them for $10 anymore.

They sell larger ones too that can Hold up to 10 lasers.:D

Iam going to pick one up this summer.:D

Nicely Done Buddy. +:beer:

How much was yours.?

About 15 euro, wich is about 21 dollar:)

But still happy with it and how i can lock it. Not that the lock keeps thieves away but kids and friends surely cant access my lasers anymore:)

Just picked this up from the Fleamarket for $12. An antique First Aid box I'm going to convert to carry lasers. The bottom box is an antique Machinists chest. (That one was ~$115 :() That one holds all my laser junk, and future project parts.

akahl3.jpg

I'll refinish it, new brass, and a lock. I'm going to line the whole box with anti static film before adding the foam. Then I'll etch burn in a laser triangle design in place of the white cross.

Plenty of room inside.

2cyhemh.jpg

Here is a quick pic of the Machinists chest.

b49o46.jpg

About 15 euro, wich is about 21 dollar:)

But still happy with it and how i can lock it. Not that the lock keeps thieves away but kids and friends surely cant access my lasers anymore:)

Sweet. Mine is not able to lock though and its a little smaller. Its Good idea to have a lock on them. I keep my laser above my head in a Closet witch can not be reached by little rug rats.:D However i dont have any young kids running around My house. Just Friends witch are not allowed to touch my lasers unless iam present and only laser that are <100mW and they have to wear goggles indoors. But they never ask to use any of my lasers really. Only a couple of my friends are into lasers and 1 owns almost as much as i do.:)
_______________________________________________________________________________________

WoW T_J Those are a Nice Grab.:wave: I really like the onces with the Drawers.:)
You got a Great deal for 12$ on the old Medicine case. cant wait to see it complete.:drool:

Are you going to paint it at all or leave it as is.? Maybe re-stain it and instead of the + make an X or something cool in the center.:cool:

But even how it is, Its very Nice.:beer:

I can Probebly fit all of my Handhelds in that case.

+ For alway finding Cool Stuff. :beer:

Last edited:
I'll re-stain it, and burn in a laser logo on where the cross is.

200px-Laser-symbol-text.svg.png

I like old stuff, plus its recycling. Its also original. No one on the planet will have the same laser storage box.

Indeed.:)

That is a Cool Logo.:D I wish we had Antique shops like that around where i live. There is One Place we have but walking in there you must had a Deep Pocket.:(

We Have Pawn Shops but thats about it.

Burning the Logo in you say.:wave: By Hand.?:eg:

Yes by hand. I dont have a CO2 engraver yet, LOL. I'll use a soldering iron, and metal ruler.

:crackup: I thought you were going to get it done by a laser etching Machine/Device if thats what you where going to do.:)

But by hand always means more and IMO Its Better.:beer:

Last edited:
I dont know of any laser etchers in my area. Plus I'm an artist, so I can do it good.

Sweet buddy. Iam also An Artist.:cool: Going to school for Graphic Design.:wave: