Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super-Continuum White Laser - 460nm to IR

Another dream toy for you laserholics to drool over. ;D

A white continuous spectrum laser, from...Denmark??? :eek:

Choose your color(s), and this beast will make it, from 460 blue to IR. Comes with an "integrated controller" and computer interface. I don't even wanna THINK about what it costs! :eek:

"The Koheras SuperK™ Extreme is a quasi CW single mode super continuum light source with excellent power density. It is a complete stand-alone unit with integrated controller and computer interface for easy and stable operation. In combination with a tuning filter, the SuperK™ Extreme can emit up to eight tunable lines simultaneously."

http://www.koheras.com/Menu/Products/Super+Continuum/SuperK+Extreme+#2

PDF spec sheet:

http://www.koheras.com/Menu/Products/Super+Continuum/SuperK+Extreme+#2/SuperK+Extreme+pdf

S

SenKat

HOLY CRAP ! Let's do a group buy ! LOL !!!
Damned impressive - EIGHT lines at once ? WOW. Very impressive ! :cool:

A GROUP buy! Ahahahahahaaaaa!

As in, EVERYBODY pitches in just to buy ONE laser....

....and then we all timeshare it! ;D ;D

S

SenKat

Ragnarok said:
A GROUP buy! Ahahahahahaaaaa!

As in, EVERYBODY pitches in just to buy ONE laser....

....and then we all timeshare it!  ;D ;D

Oh.

I would have to share ? ;D ;D

LOL

One day for you, ten days for me, one week for you, two months for me.... ;D ;D

Just think, with that laser you could actually do the Pink Floyd logo true justice!

L

laser

how do you buy one? does this mean that its a "white laser"?

this would be so cool to have...

S

SenKat

laserk said:
how do you buy one? does this mean that its a "white laser"?

this would be so cool to have...

Well, to buy one, I am sure you would have to be an heair of Bill Gates - bump him off, take your inheritance, and spend more money than I'll ever have in my bank account for it !

Yes - white laser, splittable into 8 seperate beams of multi-colored delight ! That would truly be a sight to see !

I got a reply from them a while back of $45k for the 2 watt and $65k for the 4 watt. They didn't give any price for the 6 watt.

Daedal

Laser Ben said:
I got a reply from them a while back of $45k for the 2 watt and $65k for the 4 watt. They didn't give any price for the 6 watt.

Down payment on a house... or buy laser... hmm... weighing the odds, I'd... I really don't know :-/ Buy the house, I guess??

So... in all honesty, how difficult would it be to turn a florescent tube into a white laser? I mean, they have the same basic principle as laser tubes (Ar and HeNe and CO2... etc...) Maybe just some mirror structure that goes around the whole thing? It would be huge, but it would be dirt cheap. Combined with some 50 optics, It'd end up costing $1000+ and produce maybe 5mW... ;D

S

SenKat

Naw - completely different technology ! For a laser, you have to have something that produces coherent light - and amplify it somehow - a flourescent tube produces light in all directions - even encasing it in a tube of mirrors would only get you focused light, not amplified, and certainly not coherent ! Some lasers do use flash lamps to create a pulsed beam from a laser - but the flash lamp makes a certain crystal actually resonate, and lase at a certain frequency - kinda hard to explain, but look up Sam's laser FAQ's - he's a smart cookie !

Daedal

He sure is... I really didn't think about my post before putting it up, and I agree with you on that note.

Also, I think with enough optics, you could filter out all the stray beams and be left with just a straight beam of light. I know that with enough optics one could probably turn any light source into a coherent light. Efficiency, on the other hand, that will be shot!

Wasn't that 32 TeraWatt laser a white laser? I could be wrong...

--DDL

Daedal

yup, yup... it is white...

Ultrahigh power laser pulses delivered by the Alisé beamline (26 J, 32 TW pulses) have been sent vertically into the atmosphere. The highly nonlinear propagation of the beam in the air gives rise to more than 400 self-guided filaments. This extremely powerful bundle of laser filaments generates a supercontinuum propagating up to the stratosphere, beyond 20 km. This constitutes the highest power “atmospheric white-light laser” to date. ©2007 American Institute of Physics

--DDL

If somebody can make this laser on higher power, pulse on a very rapid rate and rig a mirror/scanning device, we will have a laser movie projector!!! Imagine projector with contrast ratio of 1.000.000 : 1, color purity exceeding 150% of NTSC spec, etc :)

Daedal

One can always dream BIG :D

I'm still waiting for full color projection or images using lasers... I did see some... and they looked AMAZING... ask SenKat and how long I rambled on about it when I got back home from the show ;D ;D

--DDL