Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

suggestion: Donations for forum upgrade.

Hey everyone.

I was just reading a thread and seen that the forum is NOT using the latest vBulliten.

So my suggestion is maybe we can have a fundraiser or something to help raised the funds for a forum upgrade. This way Avery could implement new features into the forum. Not sure how all of this works so we would need Avery to comment. But I think this is a great idea. The forum has been/has most if not all of the same features as when I joined and I think we could use more :D

Please leave your comments and suggestions.

Thanks!
Jeff

Yay! I love upgrades!

Is there a feature list from the upgrade that we all can benefit from?

One is autosave.

Cheers! :beer:

I hate needing to upgrade something that is working
just fine as it is...

If it ain't broken... don't fix it...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

gillza

Weren't there a wave of defaced/cracked forums all over the internet lately. Exploits were using some vulnerability in the older board software. Perhaps updating it to more recent version would not be such a bad thing?

sinner

I think upgrading vBulletin is very necessary esp for such a running forum, but at the same time the new features can be somehow like the new timeline you know !! so what is it to be gained?
I think first and foremost we should know what we will be getting and what we might lose..

Trevor

Donations are already given every month to cover operating expenses.

Software upgrades are under that umbrella...

Trevor