Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stubborn host

After two months of waiting, I finally recieved the host I ordered for my 445 build. Here it is. There's just one problem: I can't get the bezel/head off to get the the pill and such. I've tried brut force (two strap wrenches to try to twist it) and it's currently soaking in acetone in case there's some glue, but I'm not holding my breath. If that doesnt work, I might try liquid nitrogen...because I can:eg:.
From what I can see there is no indication of what is holding it all in place, so can anyone provide some insight into how it might be constructed so I may destruct it?

UPDATE: The acetone worked, the bezel was intended to spin but was locked in place by glue. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with that host.

Last edited:

Yeah manufacturers use some type of glue when they affix the crown portion of the host. Usually I heat it up a bit with a lighter as the glue softens, it's much easier to open.

Glad you got it out anyway.

sinner

Glue is a PITA, Good to know that acetone works for this.