Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Streamlight stylus pro build

Last edited:

What wavelength is it? Also the power.

Nice build, I wanted to ask, how did you keep the Diode module in place? (Set screw I believe)

Rep +1 :beer:

What wavelength is it? Also the power.

Nice build, I wanted to ask, how did you keep the Diode module in place? (Set screw I believe)

Rep +1 :beer:

It is 520nm. The power with a three element lens was 80mw so probably around 100mw give or take with the G2 it has on now. The module actually almost perfect fit but what holds it down is the contact board that locks down on a ledge on the host and I placed an oring around the front to give me piece of mind. Thanks a lot for your feedback! I can make a build thread if more interest is present.

I am planning on either using a battery spacer and one 10440 or perhaps modify a full length copper module and a spacer with a tiny 12mm contact board that came with the flashlight. Two AAA just isn't cutting it for me.

Thank you for the pictures, I wish I could take my rep off crazyspaz and give it all to you.

Good build Sutherland, I like the PL520 very much, my PL520 build does 82mW with an acrylic lens, I like it because it has a visible beam and yet I can still point it around inside without fear of leaving scorch marks or burning something unlike my other builds. I recommend the PL520 for anyone who wants a low power green laser, it doesn't suffer from the problems of 532nm DPSS lasers. You do need to get that battery problem fixed ASAP since your boost driver needs a minimum of 3V, if you had 3 AAA then it would work, so go ahead with the 10440.

Alan

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice pen build, good work!

I've been wanting to do a build in one of these STYLUS PRO's for a long time now; this is also the light I use for work, mine has about half the anodizing worn off.
Was thinking of doing either a polished version, or a bead blasted look with a clear matte finish for protection.
I'm suprised that there haven't been more of these used as builds, although as you stated, the one piece style does tend to make it more difficult.
I think you and Pman are the only one's to make anything with these.

:gj: +rep!

Last edited:

Pman

Speaking of Pman, I have built at least a few 532nm in these lights as BTG mentioned. I'll see if I took a pic of them and post it. +REP. Definately go with the 10440 and spacer. You can get spacers/placeholders at Fasttech really cheap. You should definately be over 100mW with the G but a 3-element "classes" up a lot of diodes.
All streamlights are not the same. The camo ones required me to run a thin strip of copper from font to back. The numbers on them are the peak outputs and what you see on the end is a removable star cap. The beam of a 532nm is so strong you can put them in practically anything and they impress. I was given a black streamlights by Lazerbeak for free as he wanted to see if I could do it. They are a REALLY nice host and feel good in the hand. Highly encourage others to use them although I think they run $20+
This is what I used to build mine and they have a pot if you want to push them. I would say with no adjustment they put out about 50mW though and are great just as they are. Run on a single AAA.
https://m.fasttech.com/products/1620/10000264/1030000-5mw-532nm-stars-light-show-green-laser-pen

[/URL]
ipCE2qUdj

I'll remove this stuff if you want as it's your thread. Just trying to encourage others as I always do to build and it doesn't have to cost a lot. If you look at the average age of our members $ is a big factor.

Last edited:
Very nice pen build, good work!

I've been wanting to do a build in one of these STYLUS PRO's for a long time now; this is also the light I use for work, mine has about half the anodizing worn off.
Was thinking of doing either a polished version, or a bead blasted look with a clear matte finish for protection.
I'm suprised that there haven't been more of these used as builds, although as you stated, the one piece style does tend to make it more difficult.
I think you and Pman are the only one's to make anything with these.

:gj: +rep!

Thanks for the Rep! It actually is a semi easy build if you don't over complicate things like I am planning to do. There is about two inches maybe a little more of room if you use one 10440 and if you machine or file a full copper module down to get over the two retaining lips in the host a full module will fit and driver would go behind that. Hope that makes sense?