Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Steve Jobs

He was a very innovative and caring person. He will be sadly missed. He wanted to make a company that fused practicality and educational needs into a single platform. He, along with the apple team has basically re-engineered the PC platform and the way we get our media. Quicktime compressions (qt .m4a .m4v, aac, HTML5, Logic Pro, deamworks and pixar are all Apple related or founded ideas.) Apple is bigger than Steve Jobs, but it was started by this man. Tim Cook has been running the show for quite some time, however...

I never liked apple, but you cant say that he hasn't changed the course of technology, and the way the world operates today

R.I.P.

JLSE

Jobs was a bit of a flake... Good movie if you have an hour and a half.

JLSE

Come on guys, can we not give Steve Jobs at least a small nod for taking on IBM, Microsoft, AT&T, etc., etc. all the while never letting anyone see him break a sweat. :anyone:

If not . . .
Dear God, please don't let me ever become a famous geek where even in death I would get no respect :can:

It is not only about what good you do, but also what
bad you do. Business world aside, he was an a$$...

"However, it took two years before Jobs would acknowledge that Lisa was his child,
going so far as to swear in a court document that he was "sterile and infertile, and
as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."
While Jobs reaped the rewards of owning a burgeoning technology
company, his baby and her artist mother subsisted on welfare."

Lisa Brennan-Jobs: Life As The Daughter Of Business Icon, Steve Jobs, Of Apple | Special Features | Minyanville.com

He cared more about apple over his own flesh and blood. I know where
my opinion stands based on that alone.

R.I.P Steve you will be missed.

I am not an Apple fanboy but Steve was an amazing person and things just won't be the same without him.

Honestly I am surprised that Jobs died before the Woz.

He wasn't the nicest guy, few great CEOs are. But they do get results, so I'll give him that. As far as his personal life: no comment.

All I can say is thank goodness for Apple. You may not like their stuff (I do), but they drive innovation like a mofo. Before the iPhone, we all had Blackberries and Windows based smart phones. God those what horrible monstrosities those were... No phone manufacturer was even close to coming out with anything near as advanced as an iPhone, and it took everyone else a year to catch up. Now there are all kinds of cool phones that actually work well. And remember those whacked out mp3 players that we all used to have before iPods? haha

R.I.P. Steve Jobs :beer:

Last edited:
He wasn't the nicest guy, few great CEOs are. But they do get results, so I'll give him that. As far as his personal life: no comment.

All I can say is thank goodness for Apple. You may not like their stuff (I do), but they drive innovation like a mofo. Before the iPhone, we all had Blackberries and Windows based smart phones. God those what horrible monstrosities those were... No phone manufacturer was even close to coming out with anything near as advanced as an iPhone. It took everyone else at least a year to catch up. Now there are all kinds of cool phones that actually work well. And remember those whacked out mp3 players that we all used to have before iPods? haha

R.I.P. Steve Jobs :beer:

I agree.. They did a bunch of existing technologies and resigned them enough to be accepted by the general population.. They also drove the price down in those markets.

Also don't forget Palm's monstrosity the Treo... *shudder*

I own an iPad because it was the first affordable tablet which I have always wanted to own but did not want to put out the $1500 per iPad tablets were costing and still they weren't very good or thin or light or had decent battery.

I almost got an iPhone but I like my hardware keyboard too much to switch..

I got an iPod mini but I found I only really need to carry 1 device... And as far as MAC vs PC I am a PC guy,

I have nothing against Apple but I am also not camping out to be at the keynote for the release of the iPhone 4s like some fanboys :p

EDIT: And yes I remember the Nomad and the Rio... I think they were $800+ I was into MP3 CDs at that point and I bought one of the first ever portable MP3 CD players....
EDIT 2: Anyone remember the MamboX? I waited like 2 years for it to be released! http://www.epinions.com/elec_Portable_Audio-MP3_TagramMamboXX-Tagram_MamboX

Last edited:
He was a bastard... but a damned smart bastard.

Not sure if the world is better or worse for his influence, but certainly it's an influence that has been felt and will be felt for years to come.

Actually the bigest part we are all missing if the fact that he was only 56..

when we all , if not some of us have already hit 56... im sure we can thank god for a good life and not have to have the billions.. life vs money , i would take life..

god bless everyone

Well, while I'm sure he was pretty well off, he certainly wasn't doing it for the billions. His yearly salary as CEO was $1. (not counting all the benefits and shares)

Last edited:
It is not only about what good you do, but also what
bad you do. Business world aside, he was an a$$...

"However, it took two years before Jobs would acknowledge that Lisa was his child,
going so far as to swear in a court document that he was "sterile and infertile, and
as a result thereof, did not have the physical capacity to procreate a child."
While Jobs reaped the rewards of owning a burgeoning technology
company, his baby and her artist mother subsisted on welfare."

Lisa Brennan-Jobs: Life As The Daughter Of Business Icon, Steve Jobs, Of Apple | Special Features | Minyanville.com

He cared more about apple over his own flesh and blood. I know where
my opinion stands based on that alone.

R.I.P. Mr Jobs.... I did like his business sense and inovations
even though I don't use a single one of them.

That being said.............
I didn't know that wannaburn...:undecided:

Jerry

Last edited: