Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Star Wars: Episode II Anakin Skywalker's Mini- Lightsaber Laser 445nm 500mw

Hey everybody,

I really wanted a lightsaber laser that was a movie accurate replica but without the burden of the large size... So I bought a .45 scale replica of Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber from Episode II.

First I salvaged the outside parts and fitted it to Sanwu's Pocket Series 445nm 500mw. Because of this, the entire saber is completely aluminum and so this tiny host has a really nice weight to it.

pjimage_1.jpg

Below is the finished saber! It was actually terrifying to drill into a limited edition replica but everything worked well and the tear down was fairly simple... It looks nearly identical to Anakin Skywalker's first lightsaber in Episode II and so any Star Wars fan should definitely make their own mini lightsaber. (Especially when it was so easy!)

*Admittedly, I had to make sacrifices of very minor details to fit the host perfectly*

pjimage_1.jpg

pjimage.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

Sorry, not very clear beam shots.... I took all these from my phone. :)

Thanks everybody for checking this out! Next, I'm planning on making a 638nm Darth Vader Lightsaber Laser!

Last edited:

Re: Star Wars: Episode II Anakin Skywalker's Mini- Lightsaber Laser 405nm 500mw

Very cool! +Rep, Looking forward to seeing your next one :D

GSS

Re: Star Wars: Episode II Anakin Skywalker's Mini- Lightsaber Laser 405nm 500mw

Way Way cool:) Super nice details:beer:
Even though i'm more of a Star Trek guy.
Be prepared for some light saber members to chime in;)

Yeah, the whole saber can still be disassembled and so the angled head part of the lightsaber twists to focus. To remove the focusing ring though, the 2 gold/silver bolts acts as a set screw that holds it in place.

In the second group pic at the bottom, the head that holds the lens with focusing ring is fully unscrewed. :)

Last edited:

Pman

Fantastic. +12-13 rep. I was shocked to see how small it actually is when you finally show it in your hand unless you have massive hands:)

Fantastic. +12-13 rep. I was shocked to see how small it actually is when you finally show it in your hand unless you have massive hands:)

:crackup: The saber is a little bigger than 4 inches.- Runs on 10440 so it's also really thin.

I'll post a picture of it in my hand.... I now realize that the current pictures doesn't really show off the small host....

GSS

That threw me for a little loop too. At almost 1/2 scale still thought it would be bigger.
Still that is a sweet build and kudos for the imagination and getting it done:beer:

Last edited:

Podo

Niceee, the pocket laser did fit into your lightsaber perfecrtly, super cool!

Encap

Very nice work---looks and functions great!

Those Master Replicas .45 size lightsabres are expensive collectables no longer in production for a long time.

Amazon shows them at over $100 now

Last edited:
Very nice work---looks and functions great!

Those Master Replicas .45 size lightsabres are expensive collectables no longer in production for a long time.

Amazon shows them at over $100 now

It's a shame because apparently at release in 2002, they were everywhere in clearance bins for $25! Wish I stocked up. ;)

Encap

It's a shame because apparently at release in 2002, they were everywhere in clearance bins for $25! Wish I stocked up. ;)

Yes unfortunately true---all of the MR stuuf was great Star Wars, Star Trek etc---it all commands high prices now---Too bad Corgi bought them out and did not renew the contract with Lucasfilm---another company then bought all of Corgi---Hornby Hobbies

I see there were originally MSRP of $34.95 See: Master Replicas .45 complete mini lightsaber guide | eBay

Would guess it makes the laser you put together worth quite an bit---parts for it alone run about $200 so...

Last edited:

GSS

Yes unfortunately true---all of the MR stuuf was great Star Wars, Star Trek etc---it all commands high prices now---Too bad Corgi bought them out and did not renew the contract with Lucasfilm---another company then bought all of Corgi---Hornby Hobbies

I see there were originally MSRP of $34.95 See: Master Replicas .45 complete mini lightsaber guide | eBay

Would guess it makes the laser you put together worth quite an bit---parts for it alone run about $200 so...
"Corgi" from my original Batmobile" days? My parents must of got me 10 of those batmobile's in the late 60's and all I have left somewhere is just the trailer from when it came with the boat.
Please not to thread jack but are you members on the "RPF" forum?

This is very nice. Are the pieces you attached plastic or metal? Where did you purchase the lightsaber and how much was it. I love lightsaber builds and this is a very nice example.

Reactions: GSS
This is very nice. Are the pieces you attached plastic or metal? Where did you purchase the lightsaber and how much was it. I love lightsaber builds and this is a very nice example.

The angled head piece that has the lens is metal as well as the black cylinder in the middle of the saber. The grips are a really hard plastic that had a matte/soft texture though.

I bought the saber off eBay for about $65 but I was pretty lucky since I bid at the last second... I know that Obi-Wan's was bidding for $20 but the design is kind of lame in my opinion...