Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Star caps for 1.5 watt blue

jackiedj

Does anyone know where to get star caps for a blue 1.5 watt laser? Do they need to be glass? PLEASE HELP!!!

IsaacT

If they are not glass you will likely melt the lens. I would say definitely glass. Dunno where to get them tho, srry m8

Isaac

Wow, O-like is great for their selection of glass pieces and such to mess with it looks like. not bad, not bad. i wonder if those caps would fit my blue ice focus adapter. it is threaded. :thinking:

InfinitusEquitas

Ask Yob... he is familiar with those caps. Based on picture, my guess is no, but hopefully I'm wrong:p

jakeGT

Are those lens caps glass and coated for 445nm? I would be worried about light reflecting back on the diode and such...

If you want a star field laser get one of the 50mW/100mW greenies with them built in much simpler!

InfinitusEquitas

Are those lens caps glass and coated for 445nm? I would be worried about light reflecting back on the diode and such...

If you want a star field laser get one of the 50mW/100mW greenies with them built in much simpler!
I don't know whether they are coated or not.

About the back reflection, that's what I thought too for the longest time. Apparently not really an issue though. I'll see if i can find the thread where it was brought up.

Agreed on the star field mini projectors... they can be had for <$25, set it, and forget it... the individual beams are under 5mW, although I still aim mine at the ceiling or corners of rooms.

IsaacT

THIS THREAD Discusses the idea that back reflection is really a nonissue, and that heat buildup is the more immediate enemy.

Hope that helps....I remembered which thread Infinitus was referring to because it happened in a thread I started haha.

Isaac

jakeGT

Are they glass though? Because 1.5W at acrylic wouldn't be good!

Things

1.5W into acyrlic is fine, the issue originally was the black outer part of the plastic Aixiz lens melting, not the actual lens itself.