Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Standalone HD-DVD player... which diode?

I got a hold of a broken HD-DVD standalone player on ebay. The guy said he bought a lot of 100 or so, but this one didn't power up. He says its still brand new in the box. Anyway, I was curious to ask you all what diode or sled you think it may have. DT0811? PHR-803T?

It's a Toshiba HD-A3.... I picked it up for a whole $16 bucks.

here's a picture:

c3cf_1.JPG

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, there is a guy on ebay.co.uk, who has the same one but it is broken (says it needs a firmware reflash), I was thinking of trying it, but I am just gonna order some more from psxboy before he runs out, that is unless these units have some new/unexplored diodes inside...

Damn gooey...first the argon now this...your taking all the deals from e-bay for yourself :O

Thanks
brtaman

brtaman said:
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, there is a guy on ebay.co.uk, who has the same one but it is broken (says it needs a firmware reflash), I was thinking of trying it, but I am just gonna order some more from psxboy before he runs out, that is unless these units have some new/unexplored diodes inside...

Damn gooey...first the argon now this...your taking all the deals from e-bay for yourself :O

Thanks
brtaman

Haha... just consider me an e-bayaholic ;D

Switch

Well hurry up and open it.There's no point in sitting around speculating ::)

The HD-A3 is one of the latest models, if not the last. I remember the guys is the CRT forums(High-End old-school home theater nuts, myself included..can you say BIG-ASS cool projector? ;) ) going nuts about the A2 when it came out somewhere around a year ago. If it has the same PC-style drive in it, I am willing to bet the newer DT0811, although I hope I am proved wrong..

If it has a different style drive, the sled could be a completely different number.

I was just about to start a tread asking the same thing, I just watche two go for under 25 bucks shipped each, I was about to snatch one up, but I thought I'd look around first.

daguin

GooeyGus said:
I got a hold of a broken HD-DVD standalone player on ebay. The guy said he bought a lot of 100 or so, but this one didn't power up. He says its still brand new in the box. Anyway, I was curious to ask you all what diode or sled you think it may have. DT0811? PHR-803T?

here's a picture:

c3cf_1.JPG

**lights a candle and begins to chant**

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1214384126/0#0 date=1214384126]I got a hold of a broken HD-DVD standalone player on ebay. The guy said he bought a lot of 100 or so, but this one didn't power up. He says its still brand new in the box. Anyway, I was curious to ask you all what diode or sled you think it may have. DT0811? PHR-803T?

here's a picture:

c3cf_1.JPG

**lights a candle and begins to chant**[/quote]

you better keep chanting all through the weekend!! it should be here monday ;D

daguin

GooeyGus said:
you better keep chanting all through the weekend!! it should be here monday ;D

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

.... ....
.... ....
.... ....
.... ....

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1214384126/0#7 date=1214462017]you better keep chanting all through the weekend!! it should be here monday ;D

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

HARE KRISNA
HARE KRISNA
KRISNA KRISNA
HARE HARE

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

hare krisna
hare krisna
krisna krisna
hare hare

.... ....
.... ....
.... ....
.... ....

[/quote]

You sure can be one goofy fellow, Dave.

Actually it's:

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna

Krishna, Krishna, Hare Hare

Hare Ram, Hare Ram

Ram Ram, Hare Hare

>>Reapeat ad nausium<<<

Dave's and chris's chanting didn't work to well, maybe even worked against me. It hit 'adverse weather conditions' on the way here... so I dont know when it will even get here. Hopefully tomorrow!

daguin

GooeyGus said:
Dave's and chris's chanting didn't work to well, maybe even worked against me. It hit 'adverse weather conditions' on the way here... so I dont know when it will even get here. Hopefully tomorrow!

I KNEW I should have buried the frog instead.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=GooeyGus link=1214384126/12#12 date=1214887856]Dave's and chris's chanting didn't work to well, maybe even worked against me. It hit 'adverse weather conditions' on the way here... so I dont know when it will even get here. Hopefully tomorrow!

I KNEW I should have buried the frog instead.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Oh well... live and learn I guess...

we now know that burrying frogs works much better than chanting. :p