Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Spider BX II???

VW

So I was wondering if anyone had any epxerience with this laser, I searched but couldn't find anything.  I was looking at the specifications on the site and I was wondering if anyone can justify some of the specs to say it's actually a good laser.  Because from where I'm sitting, it seems pretty, I don't know... Crazy?  Tem03, 15mW - 30mW, 1.0mRad (which actually is pretty good), 6mm beam diameter (!?!)... Forgetting Wicked Lasers as a company, is there anything decent about these specs, other than the divergence? I just can't believe they're willing to put the price tag it has on it...

i'm trying to sell one my friend bought a while ago, it's underpowered but other than that everything is right in line with the WL website - the TEM mode isn't really noticeable unless you're staring at the dot

Razako

Overall the Spyder II BX is just bad. 6mm beam diameter and tem03? Add in the fact that they will usually be underpowered and you have one of the most overpriced blue lasers out there. The only pros are TEC cooling, stylish looks and waterproof. If only they could take the laser module that the blue RPL uses and put it into the spyder II body they would have a winner.

If you want to sell a used underpowered spyder II BX you will probably have a hard time getting more than $500-$600 for it. If it isn't underpowered you can probably get $800+ for it.

VW

Wouldn't the 6mm beam diameter be a complete waste? I mean, if it only peaks at 30mW say, that's hardly a lot of light to distribute over such a large surface area. Also, is it pulsed or constant wave? I just don't see one reason why they concider this laser to be god like...

Razako

VW said:
Wouldn't the 6mm beam diameter be a complete waste? I mean, if it only peaks at 30mW say, that's hardly a lot of light to distribute over such a large surface area. Also, is it pulsed or constant wave? I just don't see one reason why they concider this laser to be god like...
The energy density would be less than a 5mw laser with a 1.2mm beam diameter. The spyder II bx probably has crappy beam specs because wicked uses cheap optics in it or they simply don't know how to make a decent blue laser.