Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

soundcard dac blanking problem. Need help.

Hello Everyone,

I am using a C-media 5.1 soundcard dac in my RGB laserprojector but I am starting to think it's a bad card becouse there is a problem when I project a square, the left corner isn't closed. (see attachment) The lines are about 1cm apart from eachother. The problem shows also with circles. The top part is crossed. When I set ''blanking delay'' to 0 in lfi player the corner closes and the crossing with the circles disappears. I have checked the output on a scope and it shows perfectly without the gap. Does someone know how this can happen? I am thinking of buying a new soundcard but I thought I'd post my problem on this forum first.

(the bottom left corner in the ilda test is closed but my camera makes it disappear)

I hope someone can help me out.

Kind regards,
Jasper Vis

Attachments

• IMG00041-20130517-2021.jpg
    IMG00041-20130517-2021.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG00014-20130403-1920.jpg
    IMG00014-20130403-1920.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 193

The delay is probably in the laser driver. You can re-do some of the graphics to re-trace that area. Can you set blanking to a negative delay?

Things

A small gap like that is pretty normal, as Cyparagon said it's usually related to the laser drivers. Most software has a "blanking offset" adjustment to help correct it.

A small gap like that is pretty normal, as Cyparagon said it's usually related to the laser drivers. Most software has a "blanking offset" adjustment to help correct it.
That's right. Lfi player has a ''blanking offset'' but it resets every time I start the software. It's very annoying. I have searched the settings files but I couldn't find the blanking offset value.