Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Soshine 700mA 3.7V batteries okay to use?

stevodotorg

Bought them from deal extreme for a flashlight that I haven't bought yet, but I am just curious if these are safe to put inside of my bluray pocket mini laser, which on that laser I always use UltraFire Silver 880mAh 3.6V batteries on. Also on the batteries it of course says use only with Soshine charger. I am also in question if the Soshine batteries will be okay to use on this charger which I have: DealExtreme: $6.71 DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black

Soshine batteries I'm talking about:
DealExtreme: $6.52 Soshine 700mA 3.7V RCR123(A) Batteries Pack with Carrying Case (2-Pack)

Anyway, hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the subject for me, thanks :)

Stevo

OutlawZ

It should work fine since the batteries are li-ion and the charger charges li-ion

Raybo

Not protected unfortunately, what does this mean anyway? I thought it meant that it wont overcharge or something.
Protected means it protects against common dangers such as overcharge, overdischarge and short-circuit, they are also less likely to ignite and cause personal or property damage.

If you are charging a non-protected cell it's best to stay close at hand and pull your batteries when when your charger indicates, otherwise your batteries might go...........BOOM!

stevodotorg

protected means it protects against common dangers such as overcharge, overdischarge and short-circuit, they are also less likely to ignite and cause personal or property damage.

If you are charging a non-protected cell it's best to stay close at hand and pull your batteries when when your charger indicates, otherwise your batteries might go...........boom!
fun! :)