Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sony laser diode

cul8r

I just picked up a 3-pack of Sony SLD1239JL-54 red laser diodes. Would like to assemble all of them in a nice package . The spec sheet says 100mw cw and 180 pulsed at 40% or less I was wondering wheren is the best place to pick up a pulsed driver for these and a place to purchace a well made module that would accomidate these diodes also. Can someone lead me on the correct path to getting these components? Thanks

is it possible to wire in a 555 timer from radio shack to a rkcstr driver?
of course i don't know how to use those...otherwise i'd be building modded xbox controller and selling them on ebay.

I've heard where the 555 is used to pulsed the input to a diode driver.. I suppose it depends on what your desired on/off periods are.

cul8r;

Forget the pulsing (unless you have a reason).

Just drive them @ 180mw continuously.

They'll handle it.

LarryDFW

cul8r

The only reason I was looking to pulsed driving was the spec sheet that cam with the diode It claimed constant voltage driven was only going to give me 100mw. About how much volts an ma's would I have to aply to achive 180mw with this diode?

cul8r

Sorry for not posting the data sheet specs It claimes 658 ma at 3.0 volts for constant voltage and power. How far could it be pushed ? I read somewhere else that they could handle 1.125 amps and 4.5 volts. Does that seem over the top or reasonable?

cul8r;

The data sheet I've seen is quite different from the specs you quoted.

The continuous current is 180ma for 100mw.

Since it is a 16X, I think you can drive it @ 300ma with a decent heat sink.

LarryDFW

LOL rapid fire mod! :D

For that, take the positive wire from the left trigger pot, cut it in half, and connect each wire to the two sides of one of the LEDs around the big "X" button in the middle.

(Those LEDS are pulsed really fast, so you get rappid fire)

If you are player # "whatever number LED you connected to" you will have rappid fire.
:D

New account to Halo 3 General in one week. :p
...Back on topic.