Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some unposted pics from June

I haven't posted any pics in a few weeks, so here is a set I took the end of June.

In the first batch of pics, I have used the lasers set up in this way before, but I wanted to expand on the idea. I set up two mirrors and tried to make a "U" shape rainbow, and then a triangle by changing the angle of the last mirror. I also shot some pics at angles above and below my set up. They came out pretty good. The second part of this post was using a planter my wife bought. When I saw it I knew I could shoot some lasers through it using matrix and fan diffraction gratings. In the weeks since I took this set, I tried to refine these scenarios and tweak the warts I see in these pics, plus add some other ideas into the mix. Eventually they will get posted. Enjoy these for now..

Last edited:

Thought youd used a pumpkin in the last shots! Lol Perhaps there's an idea for Halloween? ;)

Nice work Bruce! :beer:

TomD

Very nice setup. Looks great! I have a couple of small mirrors lying around but mounting them properly always seemed to be a problem. Thanks for sharing!

TomD and up27aa - thanks!

Grainde - Thanks, I think last halloween someone did post jack o lantern pics that were lit up by lasers. I do not think they used diffractions gratings though. I may have to give it a shot this halloween

Some epic pics there, the rainbow ones really hit the spot. I've got mirrors and prisms now but I've never thought to try a U shape setup like that. The most basic things eh.

hey Trencheel303,
I agree with you when you say the "most basic things". Of all of the different laser things I have set up and photographed, I think my favorite is just different color beams in rainbow formation,alone , and bounced around via mirrors like the ones above. Nothing elaborate, but very nice visually. The week after I took the above set, I set up the lasers the same with the mirrors making a zig zag pattern of light. They also look real nice. I will probably post some of them soon. Just keep experimenting with all of your optics, and the more you do, the more new ideas will pop into your head as your doing it. That is what happens with me and why I keep shooting every weekend. It never gets old!

GatoX

AMAZING RAINBOW Pics!!! Good reflections!! New pc wallpaper xD

Last edited: