Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some previously unpostd pics

These pics were actually taken on March 1 and were the first ones that I used the plasma globe with hand helds, diffraction gratings and mirrors. They are kind of simple compared to ones I did in future weeks, but some of them are pretty nice. There is a mix of pics with the globe turned on and turned off. Also, some of the pics have a nice symmetry to them. Enjoy

IsaacT

Nice pics! Curious though, where did you buy those chemistry stands?

Hey WBS,
The ring stands and burette clamps I got from Amazon. Just use their search engine and type in "Ring Stands" for the stands, and then "burette clamps" for the clamps. There are many different ones available. Make sure the ones you are interested in, that you check the dimensions for the one(s) that suit your need. My stands go 22" high and the bases are solid metal and can totally support 3 big hosts with great stability. The clamps I have open up wide enough to hold your 473 frost, a Dragon Lasers 532 100mw Hulk, the PL series from Laserbtb (all pretty big hosts) , and can be closed to hold a laser pen. The stands and clamps are two of the best investments I have made for my photography of lasers.

The idea of doing this was LPM member Marco Polo's idea and it is such a good way to mount the lasers. They are in a fixed position with zero chance of moving (as long as the adjustments are done correctly). And as you can see I use them almost every time I photograph hand helds in all different configurations

did you already post the DMX vid of the LK PD2 you were going to do, or did I miss it?

Hey Shakenawake,
I haven't used my projector to photograph for a few weeks now. Maybe I will photograph my PD2 this weekend instead of hand helds, or use both. If I do I will make sure to take a short video and post it.