Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 9/20

These pics were taken about two weeks ago using mainly mirrors and lasers in rainbow formation in most of them. The first one also uses prisms and there is one with a fan diffraction grating. The week before I used the diffraction gratings and prisms more but here is one of each. My glass spheres are also in some but in the background. Some nice rainbows in these. Enjoy

Man those pictures are beautiful!! I bet setup time/planning must take a long time with how perfect those beams are!! Great work as always!! + Rep!

Pman

Yeah thanks again Bruce for Sharing with us. Can't help thinking what it would be like if a bunch of us lived in the same neighborhood. Kind of sad hardly anyone here has a fellow builder or at least laser enthusiast to come up with some builds together. No invitations to a Thursday night laser enthusiast club meeting:(

Encap

Nice creative use of multiple mirrors!

Always something new and very well done from you.

Another brucemir masterful treat for the eyes!

Last edited:
Wonderful photos, as usual, Bruce. I always love what you do with the fish-eye camera lens. Must take hours to set up and photograph.

Thanks Bowtie, diachi, CAli, Pman, Encap & Paul!

CaliKirk, Paul - I am fortunate to have a room dedicated to photographing lasers so something is always set up. Since it is only my wife and myself now it is safe to leave all my lasers in place. What I will do is maybe three days after work photograph for about an hour (10-20 pics) before the wife gets home. I will look at them and make minor adjustments and when I want to shoot again in a day or so, everything is set to go. I will finish off an idea every Friday night, and Saturday do all of the computer work. It is also nice to think of idea and having time to explore it over a week or so. Before I moved into my house a year or so ago, I photographed in my garage and had to set everything up and take it down on late Friday night. That was a lot of work!

Pman - It would be nice to meet fellow laser enthusiasts. I am still waiting for the day I meet someone in my business or personal dealings that knows even a little about lasers. In four years I have met no one.

Last edited:
Thanks H2O, Hap, Encap and GSS!
GSS - it is done with smoke and mirrors;)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I always love looking at your shots. They seem to brighten up my day :D
Very nice again Brucemir +rep :)

Hey Bruce, could you post a video sometime of you working in your laser room? I'd really appreciate that. :)

Reactions: GSS
Hi Crazlaser,
I have never even thought about doing video of how I do things. I think the only way possible to do that would be a time lapse video with the camera fixed high in the back corner of the room. I would start with setting everything up and then powering up the lasers and photographing. The way I do things now is gradual, maybe 30-60 minutes a day putzing around trying to think of a scenario, and then making it happen. A long process. Maybe one day I will try to do that. I did recently paint the floor in my laser room black.

Last edited: