Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some new pics 2/19

For these pics I used the same eight mirrors in a "semi circular patter" as last time but had my two long rectangular mirrors suspended above at approx. 45 degree angles to reflect the beams down onto the table at an angle. I eventually added some fan transmission diffraction gratings at the sides under the long mirrors and had the beams hit the mirror facing it. Most of those shots were used with a 532nm laser going thru the gratings on each side. I did switch them out to 589's, 447's and 650nm's on a few. A few in this batch came out really good and how I envisioned they might look while I was formulating my set up. This was my first try using this upside down "V" set up. Tomorrow night will be my fourth time using it, (with variations to the lasers, other mirrors, and gratings) and I still have many more ideas incorporating this set up in the future. Enjoy.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Impressive, another masterpiece Bruce! :D
It's nice to see those occasional set-up shots with the lights on. It's amazing how large that stage becomes in the dark!

:kewlpics: +rep!

Last edited:
Now i understand why you need at least 2 of every laser. :D

Nice beams, i wish i had that many lasers... and mirrors.

Btw, are those first surface mirrors or just normal ones?
I thought of using the mirrors im my bathroom, to make a laser bounce between them, but im kinda afraid to use my 2W on it. I want it to reflect not to engrave. :crackup:

USAbro

I am speechless. ;)

This is the beginning of a hologram.

Last edited:
Thanks to all !
Bowtieguy- I always like to take reference shots with the lights on so I can recreate things later on, plus they look pretty cool.

Robert S - all the mirrors I use are normal, everyday mirrors. For my purposes they are fine. I do not like to use high powered lasers indoors as my black curtains I use are full of holes from my 405 nm 500mw, and my 445 1000w. I have to be very careful when using them

Last edited:
Okay, makes sense, the white curtains in my bathroom wouldnt burn as fast, though. :D

GR3EN

I am always in awe over your photos. Every thread I'm excited to see what new things you've experimented with and am never disappointed

Again, totally impressive. Really surprised by the small scale of your set up! I thought it would be 4 times that size. Blimey though. Must take ages to get the angles for those beams. I love the symmetry. Excellent post!