Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some new goodies

Hey guys,

Got these new products in a few days ago ordered from laserbtb. Nothing fancy but I thought they were cool so i thought why not share it :wave:

4 items:

532nM 5mW pointer with ACP (auto power control)
532nM 50mW pointer with modes :wave:
532nM 5mW line laser
650nM 20mW fiber testing pointer

img0110phh.jpg

First off the 5mW pointer. This is an FDA pointer and it output is allways limited by ACP which means it never exceeds 5mW. I tested it on my basic lpm and it was exactly 5mW the whole time... :tinfoil: Might open this one up to see how the ACP thingie works! It also has a red LED to indicate the laser is working. This laser also monitors temperature. It does not work under 0 degrees and does not work above 40 degrees.

img0122nq.jpg

img0123og.jpg

Next up the 50mW pointer with modes! I actually find this laser very nice! It lpm'd at 65mW. But now the good part it has modes.. I never personally have seen this in a pointer but my opinion is that it should be incorporated in every pointer lol. First click is a constant wave on. You do not have to keep your finger on the button which is nice! The second time you click the button it goes into pulse mode. I really like this :D And the last click to turn it of again. This laser also has very good divergence. The beam is really thin! It's not your everyday eBaay laser for sure! The only down part was that the beam of this laser was slightly crooked.. This may be due to wrong optic alignment.

img0111uw.jpg

img0112rt.jpg

img0113hb.jpg

img0115ez.jpg

Then the 5mW alignment laser This is to be used when you need to be perfectly straight with something! For example cutting wood or painting the wall. You do get a nice power supply with this laser for an outlet. My power suply was DOA but the laser needs 3V @500mA so I just hooked up two AA cells. I lpm'd it at 4mW. Just a nice gadget to add to your toolbox :shhh:

img0125zh.jpg

img0127ld.jpg

img0131ol.jpg

Finally the 20mW 650nM fiber testing laser I never thought this was possible. But it is used by telecommunication engineers to check for faultive cables and which cable is where. This thing has a weird output when you put it on the wall, reminds me of an LED'D diode :can:. I attached the cable that comes with it and lmp'd the output of the cable :tinfoil: it gave me 17mW. Just like the other laser it has the same modes. I wonder what the range of this laser would be inside a cable. I anyone has more knowledge about this and how it works it would be appriciated :wave: I am still a noob in this kind of laser technology.

img0116hc.jpg

img0118ey.jpg

img0119us.jpg

img0120oy.jpg

img0121s.jpg

Thanks for looking,, :thanks:

Last edited:

Blord

You never get enough of lasers do you :)
Thanks for sharing it ! :beer:

The fiber connected one is very interesting. I've used plenty of fiber optic cables at work when I used to work with Cisco network gear. However I've never had a GBIC actually cause the cable to glow!

Super jealous! Would love to own them all. Have fun tinkering with your new lasers this week.

Nice lasers & pics, thanks for sharing! Those slim white 532s look sweet, makes me want to look into a few solid white hosts :beer:

Might open this one up to see how the ACP thingie works!

The IR filter is set at an angle so that part of the total ouput is deflected onto a small phototransistor that measures and thus regulates the laser output.

The only down part was that the beam of this laser was slightly crooked.. This may be due to wrong optic alignment.

Not to worry, there is a long train of individual optical elements in a green laser and a off center or crooked beam is not to be unexpected from having to align so many different parts

Last edited: