Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some highspeed lightning I caught

Things

We had our first storm of the season today - it was even classed as a severe storm! A well needed break, seeing as our last storm was around April!

So, broke out the highspeed camera after noticing a bunch of strikes, and managed to get a few:

HS2.png

HS3.png

HS4.png

And the highspeed videos these are from:

Might have to try an even higher speed if I get the chance tomorrow, not holding my hopes for it, but who knows :)

Thats pretty cool! Wow in Sydney about a month ago we had one week of absolutely crappy weather but it hasn't been really that bad since

Things

I'm in awe as to what Brisbane was smashed with today. I'd love a few similar strength storms here, except, minus the hail :D

Thats different, the lightning we get here is much more robust , my wifes from California where they get no lightning , she freaked out during the first lightning storm.

Nice. What camera did you use?
Love to try a cannon with the CHDK firmware & motion detection script.

Use to sit out as a kid & get soaked in summer thunderstorms while watching the sky.

Things

It's a Fuji HS10. It's a great camera, however it's rather disappointing Fuji left out the option for remote shutter. Kinda limits how far you can go with it :(

I didn't think about CHDK for Canon, I have a cheap Powershot A640, maybe I'll load it up onto that and see if it can get anything. Although I'm not sure the response times would be fast enough.

Lase

I miss the summer storms in QLD.

There's nothing that puts me to sleep like the sound of my house being torn apart :D

Lase