Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some help needed in finding a green laser

Hi,

I am working on production of a concert. We are hoping to purchase some green laser pointers to hand out to each member of the audience (800), and to achieve an effect shown in the video below

YouTube - The Flaming Lips Laser

We're not sure of what strength of laser would be good enough to work in a darkened venue with haze, but wont be too strong as to be a health and safety risk.

So
  • Strong, but not too strong
  • Green
  • Battery life/laser doesn't have to last forever
  • As cost effective as possible

The gig is on in Ireland, if that helps. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

C

If it's dark and there's haze, you won't need any large amounts of power to see the beam. Plus, anything above approx. 5mW is hazardous, especially when you know that out of the 800 party-goers, many of them will be boneheads that will try to shine the laser into other people's eyes. I would recommend going with this laser. Volumerate is DX's wholesale site. Considering you can get them around $7 for 500, you should be able to get them even cheaper if you contact them and tell them you're ordering 800+ (I would get more than 800, of course. Many of these are likely not to work. Maybe go with 1000?)

get 1-4mw greenies. anything above will probably result in lawsuits. imagine this many ppl with 100mw keychain/pens

rofl.. that sounds awful