Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some cool pix from a foggy night

so tonight it was majorly foggy outside. i was using my lasers for zombie spotting, but came up empty. so i figured i'd take a couple of pics to show off how awesome a foggy night can be (foggy nights are rare, maybe one every couple of months)

starting from the top - wicked 35mw, 5mw red from fifthunit.com, wicked 150mw pulsar
even a 5mw red was easily seen, it was amazing, but nothing compared to my pulsar
DSCN1637Medium.jpg

pulsar out of focus, i could make the beam about 2 feet wide before it really started to fade, looks better in person
DSCN1627Medium.jpg

the beams were so bright, a guy walking his dog down the street had seen them from an 8th mile away and purposely turned around to check them out up close, he was impressed
DSCN1632Medium.jpg

and just showing off, my hand was slightly stinging after taking the second pic
DSCN1633Medium.jpg

meawesomelaserMedium.jpg

it's actually just a nikon coolpix 4600, it's about 3 years old. nothing special, it doesn't even have shutter speed selection. it takes nice long exposure pics sometimes, little noisy in the pics, but it does the job

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
great shots. suprised you are not wearing :cool: goggles :cool: though heh. id be paranoid about reflections thats just me though.

the red and green make great christmas colors

DU, those pics are KILLER man!! Very nice!! Nature's fog machine does make even the weak little lasers seem impressive and the HIGH powered impressive beyond belief!!
Great work! BSQ (BeautySoulQueen), What do you mean you don't have a laser YET??? Afraid they are too addicting? ;)

ps- If our Bro Shadow got me hooked back up on the old account then I'll be posting as Gadgeteer_X1 in the future.

And as he mentioned about the Christmas colors.... Something I have long planned to do was take some of the filters that come with the cheap keychain pointers that were Christmas related and shoot the green thru the one for the tree, red for the candycane, and there were others. Came in like a box of 50 or so. I think there was a snowman and several others so might be something to look into for the upcoming family get together!

JD