Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some computer help with Vegas Pro 12?

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q892 that I use for everyday stuff and rendering videos on Sony Vegas Pro 12. It takes me about 31/2 hours to render 10 minutes of gaming footage at 1080p with a second audio track, and I was told that I probably have a bottleneck somewhere. I'm getting an Alienware 18 soon, but it'll have a Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M, which i've been told isn't supported by Vegas Pro 12. It has an Intel Core i7-4800MQ processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.7GHz w/ Intel Turbo Boost), so i'm wondering would this be enough to render 10 minutes of video in under an hour without the help of the GPU in Vegas Pro 12?

ARG

I think the ram would be a problem in your current situation, when I've used sony vegas it takes around 4-5gb of ram to run, and then you still have to run all your system stuff.

Also depends on the file format you're rending to. What are you using?

If it's just for upload to youtube I recommend .f4v, really quick export times. Not sure if vegas has that format though.

I think the ram would be a problem in your current situation, when I've used sony vegas it takes around 4-5gb of ram to run, and then you still have to run all your system stuff.

Also depends on the file format you're rending to. What are you using?

If it's just for upload to youtube I recommend .f4v, really quick export times. Not sure if vegas has that format though.

The Alienware will come with 16GB of RAM if that helps, and I record into .mp4 with my HD PVR, so I use .mp4 as my format for Vegas so there's no conversion needed.

Also, here's the page for the laptop if you need to see more specs. It's the $2849 model.

I just really hope that I can render 10 minutes of video in under an hour with this because the GTX 770M isn't supported by Vegas Pro 12 for GPU rendering.

Last edited: