Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some 20kpps ILDA lasershow videos (RGY)

I hope to start acually building this into a metal case soon, I've got pretty much everything working and now am just waiting on a blue laser to make my RGY turn RGB :)

Anyway Here's some good videos I made running RGY with a DX 35mW green lab module and a 100mW red (scanpro 20 galvo set)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZKTLnsmFVk[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAO4Ke5MGiE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtIiRQ9TcBw[/media]

looks good! what is the second show?

are you using spaghetti? and sound card dac?

also i think your x galvo is inverted. that 3rd show the guy should start walking from the left :)

That is cool! :eek: Really annoying camera artefacts tho. :-/

I'd like to see the first two as beam shows!

thesk8nmidget said:
looks good! what is the second show?

are you using spaghetti? and sound card dac?

also i think your x galvo is inverted. that 3rd show the guy should start walking from the left :)

the second show is named FreakOJam (that's all the info I have), and yes this was using Spaghetti and a sound card DAC.
The X galvo is indeed inverted, but inverting it in spaghetti only inverts half of the image (wtf) so I just left it inverted.

FireMyLaser said:
That is cool! :eek: Really annoying camera artefacts tho. :-/

I'd like to see the first two as beam shows!

Thanks, yea cameras don't like lasershows - there is barely any flicker to the eye. I may get some of that smoke in a can stuff or something, since fog machines aren't allowed in the dorms here at school :(

awesome.I decided I will make a laser show maybe by summer.A time in history (newspaper head line)11 year old makes laser show.

Things

I'm only 14 and I play with 15kV 30ma high voltage arcs, microwave transformers, 240V mains (and been hit by it twice :D) and now have built a lasershow, dont worry ;D

(Not many people know about it tho ;D )

Those are great! Would look even better as beams!

My Y was inverted upon arrival (upside down image).

On your X galvo amp you will find two jumpers adjacent to each other (J1). rotate them 90 degrees to invert the axis.

Attachments

• Jumpers.png
    Jumpers.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 110
Cyparagon said:
Those are great! Would look even better as beams!

My Y was inverted upon arrival (upside down image).

On your X galvo amp you will find two jumpers adjacent to each other (J1). rotate them 90 degrees to invert the axis.

Thanks for the image :) Next time I power up the galvos I'll have to swap the jumpers

yes the red does have analog modulation - the alignment took about 5 minutes but nothing is really secured - it's just a jumble of lasershow stuff on a table

ok what driver are you using for your red.Nice videos.I think i might make a rgy instead of a powerful green

here's a pic of the jumbled mess that is my scanner currently - the red is a 100mw red using a rohm diode drlava built for me a while ago - I also have a DIY red with a long die open can diode run by a flexmod I will be using later

Click Image to Enlarge Image Hosting

i would be scared to have my stuff close to the edge like that :)

and props on getting it all aligned on that! with tape and home made/found spacers