Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold

daguin

SOLD

The other two went so fast that I decided to rebuild a red laser that I had here.

This is an MXDL/Jayrob host. It has the 445nm diode from an XJ-A140. It has a MicroBoost driver. This one has the Merideth module/glass-lens assembly. It is putting out 650mW.

The lens in the Merideth assembly is actually coated for red. If you get the "broad spectrum" Merideth lens (contact Jayrob), the output should be >750mW. This swap of lenses is VERY easy to do.

This one also has another interesting modification. I built an adapter so that the laser can use a single 14500 rechargeable battery instead of the standard 3@AAA batteries. This battery modification not only allows you to use a good rechargeable battery, it is a better "fit" with the MicroBoost driver.

In the picture below, you can see the adapter. I have since painted it a flat black so it is prettier than in the picture.

The Merideth module is a more expensive module. This one is offered, with one battery, for $200, shipped in the US

IMG_0956.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Digger

Re: FS: 650mW 445nm MXDL

What is your adapter made from?

daguin

What is your adapter made from?

It is a simpl wooden dowel with a screw (with the point filled down) through the "top."

The battery fits inside the dowel. The screw makes the contact between the top of the battery and the positive connection in the host. This host has the "spring" in the tail so there is still positive tension on the contacts

Peace,
dave

DTR

Payment sent:wave: