Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOLD: Reke-500RGB

ARG

SOLD

I have for sale a REKE-500RGB. The forum has plenty of reviews of the REKE-500RGB, this is the exact same unit that everyone else has. (I have the key switch model)

gSxnz.jpg

m1jNQ.jpg

I have metered this and it peaked at 575mW and is stable at 550mW.

Here's some beamshots I took with this projector:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/pic-heavy-rgb-scanner-pictures-70802.html

I have opened up the case and I spent some time fixing the focus on the lasers, the focus is better than what you would receive if buying this new.

The dichro's will probably need re-alignment after shipping. This is REALLY simple, and all you need is the right sized hex wrench and 15 minutes of time. The mounts inside the projector are quality brass mounts with 3 set screws for easy adjustment.

Asking 260$ CND
Tracked & insured shipping to Canada/USA included in price
PayPal fee's included in price

Last edited:

Re: FS: Reke-500RGB

^^^ ATM thats an unbeatable price- add in the work done and it gets better.. go for it- you will have a lot of fun- BUT w/o a good SW it will become boring fairly fast- I like QS fb3 but there are more- (PM me if you are in USA/Canada and want QS just like the one I sent ARG-ask him about our transaction if you want-- I DO NOT do Poopal anymore)

ALSO- it has been found that a fairly large increase in output can be easily had by simply removing the front window-(guessing it is not coated)
I would say it would be wise, however, to fashion some kind of
cover(velcro attached) to attach and keep dust out when not in use... BTW I have read that you NEVER want any magnets very close to any scanners( thus the velcro )

hak

Last edited:

ARG

I took the power reading with the window on, so it'll be more without :) I wont remove it, but it's easy to take off with a knife if the buyer chooses too.

The price for these new is now 266$ + DHL from China. Shipping is costing me around 30$ and PP fee's is around 10$ so I'm only making 220$ from this, and I bought mine at 360$ :(

At lasersman they are currently 308usd plus shipping and from our collective experience you have only a one in 10 chance that yours will need NO tweeking when you get it. So unless something happens during shipping I would say the ARG has ATM the very best price on a REKE500RGB..

expect most REKE 500s to be underspec in G but a little over in R and a lot over in the 445nm.

These little reke PJs are now being purchase by lasershow pros to have something to use at home- for learning or teaching , for making new shows and not adding more hours to very expensive PJs which are much heavier to haul around- I plan to use my REKEs as Sats to go with (when FINALLY done) my 'main analog PJs-

With QS you can run up to 5 or 6 PJs at the same time BUT as the Rekes are TTL( seven colors) any others must be run from another PC/SW- N/P for me- I need to have a use for my old laptops and my two Pasta(aka5paghetti) licenses and now I have been given an I-Show to review so there that one to use..<-- these will only be beamers. no graphics--

Last edited:

ARG

At lasersman they are currently 308usd plus shipping and from our collective experience you have only a one in 10 chance that yours will need NO tweeking when you get it. So unless something happens during shipping I would say the ARG has ATM the very best price on a REKE500RGB..

One of the coupons still works, so they can be bought for 266$ USD + around 50$ DHL shipping.

I expect the dichros to fall slightly out of alignment during shipping, but it's very easy to adjust, no experience needed. It's as simple as twisting the knobs until all the beams line up. Will take 15 minutes max.

The lens focus is really tight though, and it won't fall out of alignment easily, the red lasers are also held down really well and will not fall out of alignment.

Damn you Arg !
You are really tempting an unemployed guy who needs an ILDA sytem to spend money he shouldn't.
And the drive out to Ditchmond would negate any shipping issues too.
(I still have the DAC in the bag as I bought it from you. Haven't even opened it up as the projector I bought didn't have the ILDA interface as it was supposed to. Haven't activated my "*********" software yet either for the same reasons. No way to use it !)

So now when I see your name here I will be forced to sing a bar from an old heavy metal band song "Am I evil. Yes I am."

Damn you.
:tsk:

ARG

Damn you Arg !
You are really tempting an unemployed guy who needs an ILDA sytem to spend money he shouldn't.
And the drive out to Ditchmond would negate any shipping issues too.
(I still have the DAC in the bag as I bought it from you. Haven't even opened it up as the projector I bought didn't have the ILDA interface as it was supposed to. Haven't activated my "*********" software yet either for the same reasons. No way to use it !)

So now when I see your name here I will be forced to sing a bar from an old heavy metal band song "Am I evil. Yes I am."

Damn you.
:tsk:

Well... Since you are local I wouldn't have to ship it, and if we did the trade in cash there would be no PayPal fee's. I could do 220$ for it if we trade in person :)

Am I evil?
Yes I am :eg:

Really tempting. I could have a pair of them.

But my wallet says no (for now)

ARG

Really tempting. I could have a pair of them.

But my wallet says no (for now)

I was considering buying another and using them for satellite projectors, but my wallet says no as well.

can i run this on a mac and does it come with software? and can someone explain what QS is please

ARG

can i run this on a mac and does it come with software? and can someone explain what QS is please

This does not come with software or a DAC. This sale is for a projector only.

However, it can run in sound active mode, graphic mode or beam mode without any addition hardware/software. It's easy to use if you just want to plug-'n'-play.

You can run the projector with a Mac if you find software compatible with the OS.

Quickshow (QS for short) is software developed by Pangolin, and it's one of the best options available for laser show software. It also comes with the FB3 included which is a DAC (Digital to Analog converter)

Last edited:

QS is forum shorthand for QuickShow. Its software that lets you design you own graphics for laser shows and control the projector.

As Hakzaw1 mentioned software isn't strictly needed as all projectors come with some built in shows. Most of the software for these things doesn't come cheap, but it's my understanding that Hak can get you a decent deal on it.

As software isn't mentioned in the OP, I wouldn't assume this one is being sold with any.

EDIT: I'm too slow on this iPad. Arg beat me to it. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ARG

ARG

QS is forum shorthand for QuickShow. Its software that lets you design you own graphics for laser shows and control the projector.

As Hakzaw1 mentioned software isn't strictly needed as all projectors come with some built in shows. Most of the software for these things doesn't come cheap, but it's my understanding that Hak can get you a decent deal on it.

As software isn't mentioned in the OP, I wouldn't assume this one is being sold with any.

EDIT: I'm too slow on this iPad. Arg beat me to it. :)

Two explanations are always better than one :thanks:

And to add one to what you said about the software, it isn't needed for the REKE at all, but it can be used with software if you choose too.

QS is very expensive, but it's one of the best. There are loads of cheaper options like iShow with *********i if you want to use software.

lol, he won't know what *******i is, but we could maybe say it is from the saying "______i and meatballs".

I just thought I would mention that although you can run it without a DAC, I would not recommend it. The included show just isn't that amazing. If you had a PC, I would recommend a cheap DAC, but I don't think any cheap software is available for the Mac.

I would like to add though, that this price is absolutely great. I love my REKE, and for one all fixed up, for such a low price, I truly am surprised it hasn't sold yet.

ARG

I thought the extra i would circumvent the censor! I mean S.P.A.G.H.E.T.T.I.

I think Laserboy is Mac compatible, and it's free. I'm not 100% sure on this though.