Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold: Jetlasers PL-E Mechanical 700mW 532nm

I want to sell this laser. Please buy it. I want the money to buy something even more expensive:evil:
Here is the laser:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/laser_zps58fa36d4.jpg?t=1365899569
Here it is in my hand, flash on camera, to show how huge it is:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/holdinglaser_zps51948d03.jpg?t=1365899664
It comes with this stuff, that is to say, an AC power adapter, 18650 battery adapter tube, crappy charger for various li-ion battery sizes, including, but maybe not limited to; 16340, 18650, and 26650. A carrying case, which I might mention, requires removal of the tail cap for the laser to fit:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/stuffincluded_zpsc7d741f7.jpg
Here is a beam-shot indoors:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/beamshotinside_zps77f9e553.jpg
here is a beamshot from Devil's Kitchen, in the Colorado National Monument, pointing at a distant (and safe) hill:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/devilskitchenbeamshot_zpseaf27dcc.jpg
Finally, here is a beam comparison with my 1.5W Rifle from Lazerer:http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/shakenawake/rifleandpl-ebeams_zps3b252723.jpg
I have only had this laser a few months, I believe it is still under warranty from Jetlasers. Here is a link to their site, as you can see this laser is $699 new, and that does not include the price of the adapter, charger, or shipping. You can see this laser's specs there too. ?? PL-E v3 Mechanical Switch 400mW, 500mW, 600mW green laser pointers with high stability and longer duty cycle.

You must get batteries and safety glasses elsewhere. hakzaw1 sells king kong 26650 4000mAh batteries, as well as expansion tubes allowing two 26650 or two 18650 batteries to be used. cnqualitygoods sells 4200mAh king kongs for around $9+shipping, but these are unprotected, so never run them dead

Since I am newish, a potential buyer has two options:
1. Trust me, and buy the laser from me direcly. (not recommended)
2. I can send this laser to hakzaw1, he can do a LPM test on it and make sure it is good to go before sending it to you. this will cost extra in shipping, but I have been tempted to send it to him to have it tested anyway, so it would be wise, and safer, if you don't trust easily. (recommended)

PRICE: finally. I would like $500+ shipping, given that this laser is all but new, with less than 10 hours run-time on the diode. If it doesn't sell within a few months, I MIGHT lower the price a bit, however, I am very patient. Cheers:beer:

Last edited:

Re: For Sale: Jetlasers PL-E Mechanical 700mW 532nm

That's a bargain-- he has not had it long either.
that's below GB pricing- even w/o all the extras-
extension tube can be had for $24 allowing two 18659 or 26650.. need more-? i sell these.
BTW Sometimes it may be necessary to place a spacer between the batteries to make good contact- the magnet(two) found in the Kasio lens cover work perfect.

AFAIK the warranty is still in effect and IS transferable. Buyer should send s/n and name to JL attention Gray, so there that too..

IsaacT

This is a great deal! I am going to save a bit, and if this doesn't disappear and I happen upon the extra cash, I may just buy it from you!

@wannaburnstuff: I believe you live close to Mr. hakzaw1. If you could pick it up in person, might cut down on shipping:yh:

rhd

I'm interested. PM incoming.

Good lasers move quickly! Good luck. Definitely a steal at that price.

rhd

In the interest of keeping the thread moving - I made an offer, it wasn't accepted, so this laser is still very much available for the taking!

To whomever buys this- AFAIK there are still just a few JL beam expanders 3X- left FS in close-out. Way cheaper than when first offered. These extend the focus to a greater diastance and at the same time clean up some of the scatter/artifacts etc & improve the divergence.
Not sure this one has the holes in the crown tapped for the threads but its not hard to do & I can do that for you if it comes to me first. The BE with several adaptors is $70- adaptors are free and they work with standard pointers-Pl-C Pl-E - I can save you the shp cost from China by ordering on for you in the nexy box coming to me from JL.

the holes in the crown are threaded....

I appreciate the offers so far, but I am set on this price for at least 1 month. this laser really is like-new. Let me recommend that expander from hakzaw1. It would make a great addition to this laser, though I imagine it would look kinda goofy given the crown design

Last edited:

rhd

the holes in the crown are threaded....

I appreciate the offers so far, but I am set on this price for at least 1 month. this laser really is like-new. Let me recommend that expander from hakzaw1. It would make a great addition to this laser, though I imagine it would look kinda goofy given the crown design

To be fair, reducing the price from $699 to $500, on a DPSS handheld that has been used for a couple months is "so-so". I think it's a defensible starting point, but it's not a great deal for the buyer.

Your asking price for the used laser is ~25% under the new price. It doesn't have the benefit of a recent LPM, and you're not able to LPM it yourself. There may be warranty left that is transferable, but it is less than the full warranty, and it's not clear whether the transferred warranty would extend to power output. You've pointed out that the $699 retail price doesn't include shipping, but neither does the $500 you're asking. Further, if the buyer wants it to go through a middle-man, you've noted that there will be additional costs.

So for what it's worth, I don't think your asking price is "highway robbery", but it's also not very good. That's a fairly small discount on what you paid new, and the laser has been used for a couple months. I really can't see someone spending $500 + middleman costs for a used laser than they could buy for $699 new.

That's why I put my bid in at $400, with the offer to forgo the middleman, and take the risk on my end of it coming in up to 100mW under-spec.

rhd: A fair analysis.

An amendment: if the buyer lives in the US/maybe canada, i will include shipping to both the buyer and hakzaw1. I think I also would like to send this to hakzaw1 no matter what, as it really could save both parties. If the laser is underspec, I will be able to return it for a full refund, which will be a preferable outcome for me financially, and spare the buyer any risk of an underspec laser. Not trying to scam anyone, I want everyone happy. To be clear, I will accept $500 total, including shipping to and from hakzaw1. to anyone who wants it for $25 less or so, to have it shipped directly, the reason I do not want to do this is that if it is underspec, (Which I dont believe) hakzaw1 will easily be able to send it to jetlasers for me (I'll make sure you don't pay a cent hakzaw1), and I will be able to collect a refund.

Last edited:

SOLD. Thanks to all for a very quick sale, and all the input. thanks to LPF, i have donated. hakzaw1, this laser will be en route to you tomorrow, I assume at the same location as you gave me regarding the tubes?

ARRIVED-
ALL i CAN SAY - IF Shaken is as careful with how he used this Pl-E as he has with the packing you have little to worry about- Big ole box with a bunch of styro peanuts and the laser is inside a hard shell case lined with foam-- wow--
quick metering shows it over spec- it looks the same as all new ones I have handled- he included the wallwart for it- and a sleeve for using-18650 battery. And a charger and the 'case'( nothing to brag on but good for shipping protection)

Ands about the one year warranty from JL-- once that has lapsed you can still count on Gray/JL( & me) to give the best customer support we can. About the only thing that ends at one year is the shipping- JL is one of the VERY VERY few that refund the cost for sending one back for repair-- (maybe the only one)

IMHO if every seller worked it this way I doubt many that were 'IFFY' would be sold- and those that make the buyer pay all shipping are counting on you to just keep it once broken- the cost to ship two more times and the risk of problems related to customs/ duty VAT etc is often what some companies count on for very few ever coming back for repairs.

hak

Last edited:

bungy

Hey hakzaw, did you get my email? I had a couple questions about this laser and the extra parts you have for sale.

Hey hakzaw, did you get my email? I had a couple questions about this laser and the extra parts you have for sale.

SORRY ABOUT THE DELAY-

I have had shakens laser for a few days but was out of pocket most of the weekend and have been playing catch- up == big GB al,ost cl;osing lots on my mind;;
it looks like we all got ahead of ourselves a bit- Under most circumstances both parties wait until the middleman does the job he has not been paid for..lol
If you two want me in the middle then waiting until i can give this Pl E a good testing before exchanging money or ordering extra parts- -

Here are the results of s few tests I did tonite
first I used my oldest LPM a Kenometer lite
Its a fast reading meter and like most the output jumps around a lot and it is notmal for this one to read hugher than my other meters=
I took 10 pics of the output about 5 to 10 seconds apart,
readings were quickly to 788mW
then 868
______
next using one 18650 Li Ion and the sleeve
from a cold start
4 minute grapg peak was 725 ave was 583
I dont think it really got warmed up so--
I started a second graph just about 3 Min later

Peak was 816 average was 696
not bad but we have come to expect a bit more overspec
but average dropped to 632
_ ___ its almost midnight-I have been putting gear away and cleaning up after the laser show all day

I will come back to this post in the morning with pics of the above and I will take a filtered pic of the dot and its shape at several distances-
a quick look earlier show me the dot was not very round-

So do not dispare just yet-

the above results while not 100% great are also not so bad as many high power 532s mod hop a little and the output as its warms up and all the optical parts expand and contract some and a bit of flickering is somewhat normal- DPPS lasers are not well know for perfectly stable output-

Not sure how long ago thus was purchased it it comes with a one year transferable warranty- so if it needs work ,replace or refund are choices
and JL refunds any shipping costs( find another company that does that)
I can return it to Gray for you--

later doods

hak

I have saved the graphs and can send them to both of you through an email address.
my LPM software is on a laptop but it has no modem . I send these to myself at the coffee shop with their free wifi- my desk top home PC is what I am using right now- so until I get them sent I will post some pics I took of the graphs with my camera.

Use Control + to enlarge and see better--I have tested a few new PL-E 532s- from 500 to 700 mW and they all do things like this one.. Without a LPM you do not see the fluctuations very much - they are also seen easier when you are wearing glasses for green lasers. because of the low asking price my opinion is that this is a good laser.

It burns at a distance when properly focused and up close it burns marks on the front of my meter instantly when it gets off the sensor..Without a doubt this is a dangerous laser. It must never be handled by children or wreckless uninformed adults. Lasing living things, vehicles or any aircraft can be a serious offence- jail time big fines and you will never see your laser again.
Remove the battery(ies) when storing and keep them in another palce( never 'store' Li-ions in a charger- cheap chargers and batteries left in them too lang can cause a fire.

Outdoors when foggy the beam is very bright and the host is in perfect condition. One way to improve the divergence would be to add a Beam Expander- this will also remove much of the flaring/scatter.
The BE changes the size of the beam. up close to the laser it becomes larger but as you move back it gets smaller when you refocus. So if a laser that is focused will burn things from, say 10 feet or 3 meters, when you add the BE that distance will be longer. Be very sure to wear good quality goggles/glasses when you must look at this laser on any white or light colored wall etc. A direct eye hit will do eye damage-- as will a reflection of items like mirrors and glass windows.

To measure the divergence you must measure the size of the beam up close to the laser and again at a distance- it is not only impossible to do this without eye protection it is also very dangerous. Some of the flaring around the dot is mostly what we see as the spot is SO bright- put on your eyeware to really see the spot without all that flaring.

So the final call needs to be made by the buyer(bungy) I can ship it along with the other items he wants or send it back to Shaken.. this is why it may have been better to not pay before the tests were complete- however should you find it unacceptable you still have the protection of the warranty. So if gets gets a lot worse or dies you can send it back to me & I will send it to China for you- once fixed it will be shipped back to USA.
Either to the owner or to me and then to the owner.

here are some pics.........

Attachments

• SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 002.jpg
    SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 002.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 103
  • SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 004.jpg
    SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 004.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 106
  • SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 007.jpg
    SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 007.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 110
  • SHAKEN PL E 532 700 TESTS LI IONS 008.jpg