Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

***sold*** broken 405nm laser 140mw - $40 shipped

Build by forum user Darkarmyofone.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/help-me-repair-broken-laser-57338.html

EDIT: now for sale! 40 dollars shipped worlwide with tracking!(estimated 4-6 days).
Im not someone who likes creating a laser, and/or building it. Since i lack the knowledge, steady hands, and i dont have patience when something goes wrong.

Bought for 160 dollar...probaly got scammed by that price though.
You can have the laser, i pay shipping, if you can help me build this laser here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-yellow-pointer-project-cool-44427.html
more info about the laser:
it was about 140mw and burned well. stable power to.

It seems like not a easy project, thats why i will give you my broken laser in trade for your time. I do hope its not more then 60 dollar in total though. the orginal tutorial about that laser says its about 40 dollar. I want it to shine yellow, red and green, and use a 10440 battery. Thats it.
I will have the money for the parts in about 15 days from now.

I hope its a good offer.

***SOLD***

Last edited:

Re: Trading my broken laser for someone who builds me a new one(i pay parts)

Since I'm somewhat local, I might be able to help. I'm now in my exam weeks, so I'll start thinking about this by the end of the week :)

Re: Trading my broken laser for someone who builds me a new one(i pay parts)

Since I'm somewhat local, I might be able to help. I'm now in my exam weeks, so I'll start thinking about this by the end of the week :)

Alrighty. But i do need a guarantee you can do it:)

If you rather dont give it a try, the laser is now for sale. 60 dollar shipped worldwide.(shipping included).

If someone buys it i can pay for your time bluefan:)
Because that laser project looked awesome.

Re: broken 405nm laser 140mw - $40 shipped

lowered price to 40 dollars shipped worldwide with tracking.

Blord

25euro including shipping in Netherland ?

I hope the driver is in good shape,

Doesnt sound worth $40 according to your sig

140mw Pocket Mini by darkarmyofone. (blue paint already gone, sometimes wont turn on because contacts needs cleaning, and now completly broke, SHIT, HORRIBLE build quality)

Kevlar

Could be well worth it. A pocket-mini with heatsink from jayrob is $40 plus shipping. So with this, even though it's broken, you get the host, heatsink, and a driver?

What driver is in there? Flex?

There probably nothing wrong with it except bad connections. Just my humble opinion. :yh:

Is it a pocket mini? Im on public wifi and it wouldnt load most of the picks but it looked like a cheap hotlights host

It looks like one of those $15 3-AAA Blue Hosts. Imageshack - img3774h.jpg

Yeah my thoughts exactly

Hotlights

Im just trying to say that if you want to get some money back you might want to ask less then $40 because we dont know that the driver or diode is any good anymore and we know the host and heat sink is heavily worn and is only worth $13.95

it was really putting out 140mw, because it burned very well.
I left that line in my signature because the build quality is indeed shit. why else would it break.im not throwing this laser around or something like that :p
The red and black wires are not connecting to the diode. fix that, and it has to be running again.
i have no idea what driver it uses. i made a photo in the hope you guys could tell xD.
40 dollar is the final price...its already 15 dollar for tracked shipping so yeah...

Kevlar

Yup, you guys are right. I read pocket-mini in his sig and I thought I had seen it somewhere else too. :thinking:.

Then I looked at the pictures. :whistle:

I left that line in my signature because the build quality is indeed shit. why else would it break.im not throwing this laser around or something like that :p
The red and black wires are not connecting to the diode. fix that, and it has to be running again.
i have no idea what driver it uses. i made a photo in the hope you guys could tell xD.
40 dollar is the final price...its already 15 dollar for tracked shipping so yeah...

Really?! seems quite steep to me where are you located? You should be able to find a much better deal.

udanis

They just don't magically come off, it had to be because of abuse. Are you sure that is the only problem? Are you sure the driver didn't short? Could you check the output of the driver to make sure it is working? and do you know what diode is in it?

They just don't magically come off, it had to be because of abuse. Are you sure that is the only problem? Are you sure the driver didn't short? Could you check the output of the driver to make sure it is working? and do you know what diode is in it?
again, build quality.
I once put the laser down on the desk(with lens facing desk), and the turning thing to focus it went right backwards into the diode or whatever. so i tried to pull it back but didnt work.
so i screwed apart the laser and pushed it back. while doing that i accendently broke the red wire, just by touching it. probaly never been real sturdy soldered.
After messing around for an hour, i broke the black wire by purpose. because i was mad at the laser and the quality that user darkarmyofone put on me, as a laser beginner.
Patience is not the best parts of me.

i have no idea how i would test the driver. if i can do that simply, i would be gladly doing it.

again, build quality.
I once put the laser down on the desk(with lens facing desk), and the turning thing to focus it went right backwards into the diode or whatever. so i tried to pull it back but didnt work.
so i screwed apart the laser and pushed it back. while doing that i accendently broke the red wire, just by touching it. probaly never been real sturdy soldered.
After messing around for an hour, i broke the black wire by purpose. because i was mad at the laser and the quality that user darkarmyofone put on me, as a laser beginner.
Patience is not the best parts of me.

i have no idea how i would test the driver. if i can do that simply, i would be gladly doing it.

i think the set screw ( if it has one ) was just loose and you pushed the aixis module out of the heatsink, so i dont think you pushed the lens into your diode:crackup:

as far as i can see it just needs a bit better solder job and your done, thats if the driver and diode are in working condition.

also...
since its a flexdrive wich has a extremely sensitive pot it might have shifted to a higher or lower setting, just touching it with your finger might shift the pot

Last edited: