Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sold :1.1W 532nm laser PLE-PRO Jetlasers

Podo

Hello ,This is Podo,

I am selling my 1.1W 532nm PL-E Pro from Jetlasers.

It's basically a brand new Laser ,jetlasers swap my old PL-E 532nm 800mw for this new PRO beast 2 months ago which makes the total usage less than 30mins.

It is LPMed around 1.1w. Peak 1250mw with 26650 battery two days ago.
DSC_0003_zps48945051.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsba3a40bf.jpg

DSC_0006_zps9d5aa5ba.jpg

And YES it can burns white paper video below to show it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KqykZv0qB0

Safety feature like beam blocking cap and the button slot ,the host itself is in perfect condidtion. No damage at all.

I am selling this for $550 as the principle suggested: 0.5c@1mw for green used handheld :crackup:.

The payment would probably going through by paypal or ebay.

Message me for any questions.

Last edited:

Re: FS:1.1W 532nm laser PLE-PRO Jetlasers

550$ for a >1W 532...Thats an incredible deal! Thats the second jetlasers 532 I have seen do over 1000mW. Pretty incredible considering its a small handheld module (small compared to standard lab lasers).

Sta

Re: FS:1.1W 532nm laser PLE-PRO Jetlasers

My gosh, I wish I had the funds to buy that! That's an insane amount of power in a handheld 532.

Well, I have it and it will peak to 900mw for a short time then tapers off to 500mw. Not sure why, battery issue? Used three different types of batteries, checked my power meter against a known laser, so why the lower power is a mystery to me. 26650 rated for 75A peak current and 18650's rated for 20A & 30A peak current tried.

I can tell there is some temperature regulation (or voltage/current) going on inside, as the unit ramps up and down in output power, but after a couple cycles of that over a period of a minute or two, it's a loosing battle, guessing the crystal is then too warm for it's sweet spot and can't get low enough temperature to go back to peak power output, unless powered off for awhile.

Using:

NITECORE 18650 NL18650A 2000mah 30A 3.7V.

AWT 26650 4500MAH 75A

Efest Purple IMR 18650 3100mAh 20A 3.7v

Hoping my power meter is reading low, maybe my known laser isn't all that well known and it actually puts out more than I think.

Last edited:
I pulled my Coherent/Molectron EPM 2000 LMP out of storage to measure the output power and I get close to the the same results as my laserbee 2 watt unit, tried four different manufacturers of batteries rated for 10A, 20A, 30A and 75A of maximum current capacity and this laser acts pretty the same with freshly charged batteries, peak power at 900mw if you wait for it to cycle through a few times up and down in power. One time I did measure the peak power to be close to 1 watt output this afternoon with a freshly charged 4.2 VDC 26650 battery. The fat boy 26650 battery does appear to give a bit more output, although the average power output I measure most of the time fluctuates between 600-700mw.

Edit: After testing with an external power supply and measuring the voltage at the battery input terminal of the laser (to remove voltage drop ambiguity, due to resistance in the wires when current is flowing), this unit does indeed put out over 1 watt of power @4.2 VDC at about 2.6 amps of current draw. As the seller said in PM, it depends upon the battery, all of mine, even those rated for 10's of amps drop too much voltage :( when under load. I wish they made these units to allow two batteries in series, that would solve that problem, but the driver inside most likely won't take double the voltage, as it is designed now. I'm not inferring I'm going to try that, no, no...

Now for a few words from my less positive devils advocate side: Regardless of the above measurements when using an external power supply, the power output of this unit on a freshly charged battery is usually closer to 600-700mw, sometimes 800 or more if the temperatures are right. My concern, perhaps unwarranted, is that I very well may have purchased one of their 600mw rated units at FULL PRICE, but at least I have that, not worse. From what I can determine, all PLE PRO lasers look identical from 300 to 800mw output ratings. Was this the case? (edit: No, Jetlasers reported to me that ~2.5 amps is normal at 4.2 VDC). I just can't find a battery to bring this thing up to the claimed output most of the time. Maybe I should give the seller a benefit of a doubt on this one, but wanted to let you all know what happened.

Last edited:
I used to have a PL-E mechanical, the model they had before the pros. it was a 700mW 532 that peaked @990mW and averaged 699mW. anyway, it ran on one 26650 as does yours, but could also run on two 18350 batteries in a sleeve I had, without issue. email grey and ask if they can run on two cells or if that would damage it. If two cells will work and you want to do that, I can send you an old battery tube extension from my old pro for the cost of shipping, as I no longer need it. I believe it's compatible. the newest pros have some updated features and the threads of the old tubes are different from the new.

the batteries you have are probably 3.7V cells, not 4.2V. the laser can take 5V, that's what the AC adapter puts out. it may be able to take the 7.2V of two cells as well, but ask grey first

Last edited:
Thanks, hope the threads match, I'd be happy to pay for the tube. I was thinking I could make a dummy 26650 cell with some heavy duty diodes in series inside to drop most of the voltage from the 2nd battery leaving a half volt or so remaining, with that in series to the end cap and two 26650's inside I could end up with closer to the 4.5 VDC, pushing it a few tenths further to 4.5 ought to be OK, at least, it worked well with my bench power supply at 4.5V and put out about 200mw more.

I don't know who Grey is to ask regarding the safe upper voltage the unit can take.

Thanks, Grey told me the max voltage is 5 volts into the connector on the side, I responded with another question regarding how much is the maximum voltage to the battery spring inside the handle but no response yet. I believe they could be different, the connector on the side is isolated from the hosts common ground (positive ground), this means there is a blocking diode inside which will drop some voltage, perhaps the reason the external conn. can take 5 volts while the battery spring may be limited to a lower voltage. Don't know yet. If I can get an extension tube, I can build a special second battery with a couple of diodes inside it so the second battery only adds a half volt, that will allow me to keep the laser at 4.7 volts when the batteries are fresh, but I need to confirm this voltage is OK.

Edit: Update, Grey wrote back about the maximum voltage to the battery input spring is 4.2 volts but with a external power supply I applied 4.5 volts and it worked without a problem and produced 25% more power than at 4.0 volts, where my batteries normally like to sink to after a short amount of time. Perhaps the extra three tenths of a volt is abusing the input circuitry, but I have doubts that much more would cause a problem, given normal design parameters for drivers, they wouldn't be designed to just take 4.2 volts and no more or they fry once you pass the line, so I don't think 300mv more, or three tens of a volt more should cause a problem, for that matter, that much more shouldn't even increase the 532nm output power through a properly matched constant current regulator, but it does.

Because of the increase of power output with just a few tenths more voltage above 4.2 V, I believe the driver in the PLE Pro lasers are not well matched to the battery voltage being used. However, for all I know this was done on purpose to allow the laser to put out more power with fresh batteries, but the longer the laser is used, due to dropping battery voltage, the lower voltage reduces the heat stress on the diode and crystals inside which if operated too long at 4.2 VDC, could cause problems. If this is why the laser behaves this way, I would be very conservative in regard to the length of time the laser is operated if your input voltage is at or above 4.2 VDC due to running on an external DC power supply which is directly wired to the battery spring, or due to some kind of modification to the battery tube to increase the total voltage beyond 4.2 VDC. All of this said, I'm going to build a second half dummy battery and use an extension tube to hold it. The "half dummy" battery will be made from a half length 4.2 V battery with dropping diodes inside to reduce the voltage in that one battery down to a half volt, that in series with a normal battery will produce 4.7 VDC from freshly charged batteries, exceeding the manufacturers recommendation, but I think I will be safe if I don't let the laser play too long. Even then, the voltage will drop down to 4.2 volts when the batteries are nearly discharged.

The half dummy battery will need to be easily removable from the dropping diodes, so will have to be a normal half length battery which drops inside the dummy tube which contains the voltage dropping diodes. The half sized battery must have the same current ratings as the normal battery or you could have problems, perhaps an explosion, so all of this needs to be studied very well before playing around with this kind of mod. Can I get a battery with the same ratings as the primary battery, except for maH capacity? If I can't there better be a lot of extra head room as far as the current capacity of that smaller battery than what is being drawn, the PLE Pro laser I have draws about 2.5 amps from fresh batteries.

Edit again: Grey reported back regarding the voltage the PLE Pro must be run at for full output; 4.2 VDC. This is nearly impossible to obtain with 18650 or 26650 batteries, after charging all of mine sink down to 4.15 or so. Giving that these batteries will only stay at 4.15 VDC for a few moments when pulling 2.6 amps, the current this laser pulls on fresh batteries, you will never reach full power output capability that way. The above work around using two batteries, one of them having voltage dropping diodes in series with it to drop all but half a volt is the only way to get the unit at full output capacity and to do this, modding the tube will need to be done as well as a custom half dummy battery being made with the diodes inside.

Edit Jan 04, 2015: After much testing, I've found my Jetlasers PLE Pro likes to run at 4.5 VDC to the battery spring and at that voltage, with about 2.7 amps of current draw, will put out at and above 1 watt, up to 1.1 watt peak.

Last edited: