Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SOCOM Mk23 1W Custom Laser Gun

Nice to meet you all, I'm Bunnyrun from Japan.
I'd like to introduce my first build laser SOCOM Mk23 custom laser gun, which was made from the air soft gun.
The output flow of this laser gun is 445nm/1W, and the diode was made durable for long usage.

001.jpg

The specifications of each parts are below:
diode: 445nm M140 Diode
lens: Aixiz Glass Lens
driver: Micro Flex Drive V5
battery: BRC22600-2500mAh
heat sink for the module: aluminum, φ21mm x 70mm
heat sink for the driver: cut from the heatsink for motherboard

I bought the diode and the driver at DTR's Laser Shop, and the heat sink for diode module was offered from Jayrob. Thank you!
Also I express my gratitude to all of those who gave me many advice in the forum of Japan.

002.jpg

The host air soft gun is HG SOCOM Mk23 air cocking gun(MARUI).
I put a heat-resistant tube on the muzzle in case for protection, and the focus can be controled.
The function of safety goggles are 190-540&800-2000nm.

003.jpg

The battery can be set up into a magazine, so you can change it by usual action.
It was a tough work not to ruin the default exterior.

004.jpg

Here is the structure inside.
The slides can be divided by the coupler.
You can control the timing of firing with the cap screw at the top of trigger.

005.jpg

The slide was fixed by the cap screw.

006.jpg

applying laser in my room

I was so nervous when shooting this movie.

I'm planning of customizing more and more of air soft guns to laser guns.
Thanks for your reading! See you.

Looks better than i thought!

How do you rechearge that 3xAAA size battery? I heard their exotic and need special chargers xP

Hi bunnyrun,

Looks very cool and great job!
I'm happy to see your first posting on LPF as one of LPFJapan members.

I expect your next work:wave:

Wishing you every happiness in the new year!

Now if you could just get it shooting 'bullets' of light instead of a consistent beam, that'd be double cool!!

Thanks for reading. I'm interested in pulse lasers and using prisms, but it seem to be a bit harder for me now.
This laser gun took me three months for the entire work, so I'm quite satisfied!

How do you rechearge that 3xAAA size battery? I heard their exotic and need special chargers xP

I have three multi-chargers, but the only one that allows charging without a battery box was UltraFire WF-188.
However this charger has a problem, and somehow there is a loose connection with the minus contact inside.
To resist this problem, you have to reassemble the charger and connect the cord directly without using the slide.

nicely done +1 i love the battery magazine

Thanks alot! Because BRC2260 battery is so large, I had to cut the magazine as smaller as possible.
The entire work with this magazine has done by manual and it took about 10 hours.

I'm happy to see your first posting on LPF as one of LPFJapan members.
I expect your next work

I was surprised because in LPFJapan forum, I was said to be the first one who posted on the original LPF.
I'm working on the next project, and looking forward to the next presentation.

Let me express many gratitude to all of the members for the replies.
Since I'm not used to the system of this forum, please inform if I had any problem. Thank you!

Thanks for reading. I'm interested in pulse lasers and using prisms, but it seem to be a bit harder for me now.
This laser gun took me three months for the entire work, so I'm quite satisfied!

I understand, I started out in a similar place with the idea of making a laser gun too. It is a rewarding accomplishment in itself, no doubt! For me when I had this idea, I had a laser gun made out of a maglite that shot only a laser beam when the trigger was squeezed. Only by mistake and after a battery accident did I get the laser gun to shoot a pulse by underdriving the driver. After discovering how this could be possible I soon realized that a laser gun shooting pulsed bullets of light was an absolute upgrade that needed to be done. Getting the circuit to do this correctly took months for me to get right also, and it wouldn't have even been possible without the help from skilled members on this forum.

For now I know you will enjoy your laser gun, it is something that's just awesome to have. :) Congratulations again, and also welcome to laserpointerforums! :beer:

I understand, I started out in a similar place with the idea of making a laser gun too. It is a rewarding accomplishment in itself, no doubt! For me when I had this idea, I had a laser gun made out of a maglite that shot only a laser beam when the trigger was squeezed. Only by mistake and after a battery accident did I get the laser gun to shoot a pulse by underdriving the driver. After discovering how this could be possible I soon realized that a laser gun shooting pulsed bullets of light was an absolute upgrade that needed to be done. Getting the circuit to do this correctly took months for me to get right also, and it wouldn't have even been possible without the help from skilled members on this forum.

I've never thought of such a way to make a pulse laser. It was amazing for me!
Was the battery accident occurred because of rapid switching on and off?
One thing I guessed from your reply was customizing a hammer and make a rapid switching, but if it causes battery overload, it might be a dangerous way.
Customizing the driver itself may require very elaborate work...It seems very hard but I'll research for it next time.

Harder work makes the accomplishment bigger, I think so too. There are lots of things to learn from LPF, and I want to make more effort on laser guns.

on the subject of laser guns, could the guts from an old photographic flash be used to charge up & release a high power single shot from a laser without burning out the driver or diode?

Hiemal

on the subject of laser guns, could the guts from an old photographic flash be used to charge up & release a high power single shot from a laser without burning out the driver or diode?

No; photographic flash circuits charge up a capacitor to hundreds of volts to ionize the gas inside of a xenon flash tube... Apply hundreds of volts to a diode and you'll have a small ball of molten metal rolling at your feet. :p

jakeGT

Yea dropping the clip to change the battery is the coolest thing ever. I can't remember seein that in other laser gun builds

Last edited:
No; photographic flash circuits charge up a capacitor to hundreds of volts to ionize the gas inside of a xenon flash tube... Apply hundreds of volts to a diode and you'll have a small ball of molten metal rolling at your feet. :p

:thanks:
maybe a scaled down version could work?

No; photographic flash circuits charge up a capacitor to hundreds of volts to ionize the gas inside of a xenon flash tube...
Thanks for the response instead of me.:yh:
Sorry to arrive late.

maybe a scaled down version could work?
I never tried of using a photographic flash, but rapid on-off may shorten the diode and driver's life...

Yea dropping the clip to change the battery is the coolest thing ever. I can't remember seein that in other laser gun builds
Thank you very much for your words:thanks:
That was the hardest part in total.