Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So... Where IS America? (In terms of the war)

So.... Where are our troops? Why are they still there, are they in live-fire, and what's the plan?

Edit: 90% of the original content has been deleted for multiple reasons.

Last edited:

First of all, we went to Afghanistan first. Second of all, I think Obama wants to bring everybody back from both countries. I think they are going to try to have most, if not all, of the troops out of Iraq by the end of 2011. Thats the last I heard. I'll believe it when it happens though... They are sending more troops to Afghanistan now. I haven't heard of any plans for pulling out though.

Its an EndLess war..

"To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together."

daguin

Troll much?

This thread has trouble written all over it.

I know that this is the off topic section, but this will get out of hand very quickly.

Peace,
dave

Troll much?

This thread has trouble written all over it.

I know that this is the off topic section, but this will get out of hand very quickly.

Peace,
dave

I agree!!!

"Then for some reason sent Troops to Iraq. THEN sent troops to Afganistan, we capture and kill Saddam." Huh??? :thinking:

fSymsOGXOmvlm1eyLrTUsP0wo1_500.jpg

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Kind of strange to post this as your only non welcome post, but I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't a troll attempt. If this even starts to get out of hand though, it will be locked immediately. We have had threads like this before and they all to often end up as train wrecks.

Now to answer your question, troops were first sent to Afghanistan soon after 9/11 in 2001. They quickly succeeded in overthrowing the Taliban, the group that had been ruling the country and had sheltered terrorist leader Osama bin Laden. The war was quick and things seemed to be going well although bin Laden was never captured. By early 2003 President Bush was telling the American people that Saddam Hussein, the leader of Iraq, had stockpiled weapons of mass destruction and was also supporting global terrorism. So in April 2003 the USA invaded Iraq to overthrow Saddam and eliminate his WMD threat. Again the war initially went well, with American soldiers quickly taking Baghdad and the rest of Iraq. Saddam was captured and later executed. The weapons of mass destruction and supposed link to terrorism have never been proven though and this is constantly a point of debate about what America's true intention was. Meanwhile people had more of less forgotten about the war in Afghanistan as things seemed to have relatively settled down. By late 2003 the seeming calm in Iraq was falling apart. Resistance groups were mounting constant attacks on coalition troops and threatening civil war. This would continue for years with thousands of coalition troops being killed and violence ravaging most of Iraq. Finally in the summer of 2007, President Bush ordered the deployment of thousands more soldiers to Iraq. Since then overall violence has decreased in Iraq. With the election of President Obama in 2008 American troops have been withdrawn from Iraqi cities and most divisions will be withdrawn from Iraq by 2011 as the country is handed over to Iraqi security forces. Afghanistan has on the other been getting worse since 2006, with Taliban attacks on the increase and more coalition deaths. Obama is going to send another 30,000 soldiers to Afghanistan sometime next next year to try and slow the violence there. Obama also plans to begin a withdraw from Afghanistan in 2011 but this is dependent on the success of the troop increase in the next year.

That's pretty much all that's happened, sorry for the long response, I am sure you didn't need that level of detail. I could only remember all that stuff if I thought through it linearly though. :p

Last edited: