Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So i returned my X75....

I just received the lab results from Nova about my X75 that was mode hopping. they said they will replace the laser because it needs a complete rebuild.

anyways i thought you all might be interested in what there finding was.

x75jw4.jpg

luckily for you, they will most likely send you a x100. Thats what they will usually do as a form of apologizing for any inconveniences :) also, the good thing about nova is that they have FAST shipping

That would be nice... i know they boost your specs when you RMA but you really cant do "much" better than 93.2mW without being a x100

Abray

well their 100 might be overpowered too, making it around 110 or something. But that's good that you got the problem fixed!

ok im confused now... i know when you RMA to Nova they boost your specs but i dont think ive heard of someone getting the next power level laser(X100) from them. Do they do it that way or will they just send me a 95mw laser?

Sometimes when they boost your specs it goes 1-5mW above the qualifying for the next level to technically call it an x100, although i doubt that nova would send out a unit with 1 mW over the model level.

RUMOR THAT ANNOYS ME. NOVA DOES NOT PROMISE TO SEND A HIGHER SPEC LASER. SOME PEOPLE OVER-ADVERTISE NOVA.

So stop it !

YOU KNOW WHAT ANNOYS ME????? WHEN PEOPLE TALK LIKE THIS OVER STUPID STUFF!!!

i know they dont promise to do anything but replace the laser in the same power level (75mw-99.99mw) but what i have heard from everyone who RMA back to nova gets a slightly higher power laser. i was simply asking if there was a chance that i would get a X100 because the past few posts were talking about the X100

RobtheVIP

I never saw anyone say that they always upgrade the purchasers lasers when RMA ,
I did however see "luckily for you, they will most likely send you a x100. Thats what they will usually do as a form of apologizing for any inconveniences"

Now unless the have rewrote Websters dictionary nothing in those two statements said anything about promising an upgrade to a x100

Please don't start arguments on a forum or on the internet in general for that matter
no body on this thread promised or swore that NOVA would send a upgraded laser to him

If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

That is all Good Day

"The man was so learned he could name a horse in nine different languages,
so ignorant he bought a cow to ride on"
Poor Richard Almanac -- Ben Franklin

maxpcuser said:
RobtheVIP

I never saw anyone say that they always upgrade the purchasers lasers when RMA ,
I did however see "luckily for you, they will most likely send you a x100. Thats what they will usually do as a form of apologizing for any inconveniences"

Now unless the have rewrote Websters dictionary nothing in those two statements said anything about promising an upgrade to a x100

Please don't start arguments on a forum or on the internet in general for that matter
no body on this thread promised or swore that NOVA would send a upgraded laser to him

If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all

That is all Good Day

"The man was so learned he could name a horse in nine different languages,
so ignorant he bought a cow to ride on"
Poor Richard Almanac -- Ben Franklin

I meant no disrespect...

I used to be a frequent poster and all I ever saw was "buy Nova! buy Laserglow! Don't go to Wicked! Don't go to Techlaser!" Everywhere I look people advertise nova upgrading and being amazing. I do not disagree, but hm, there are not many other company reviews.

This still goes around, but it's gone to an extreme. There used to be the rivalry between LPF and WLF and this is probably one of the biggest reasons for so much hate against WickedLasers.

I'll tell you what though, without WL, this hobby would be almost non existent. Companies like these bring competition into the market and spark new ideas, lower prices, etc. I'm not saying I agree with their business practices but what they do for this hobby is great.

Now I'm going a little off topic (prolly have been all along) but this forum is so biased. Try some other companies. We now know that their lasers are NOT counterfeits and have competitive prices.

Whatever, this is probably the biggest reason why this forum has gone downhill. I've lost interest in the hobby because of ridiculous prices, Senkat leaving and the hobby not expanding or going anywhere. Honestly, more people like Pseudo is what this hobby needs.

But, all in all, this forum has become too biased in my opinion and the hobby is falling apart.

This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to create an argument nor offend anyone.

dang everyone..its just a forum. and i DID say they USUALLY and not ALWAYS. and they do boost your specs. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

they bosted my specs.... i got nothing agetnst nova they seem to be an awsom compnay ... so does dx just they be cheeper and not as reliable... and your probly right the form may be a bit bised but thats only becas WL and TL screwed over some customers and give them underspecd lasers thet they have to RMA 3 or 4 times inorder to get a good one or just get fed up..... nova on the other hand seems to bee ag reat company shure people still have to RMA their lasers but this is nothing knowing how one little mistake can make all the difference in these highly sentestive devices..... but nova takes care of you and most of the time if not all sends you a higher powerd laser 5-10mw for your inconvience..... what does WL do? i dont kno buces i have not delt with them but i have read about it on this form and others and it all seems to be the same bad news

so that leaves you a choice would you rather buy from nova opttronis laserglow or take a gamble on WL TL or DX when you could just pay the few extra $ and mostlikly have a better laser?

i think the answer leads you to why people are bised toward nova optrons and laserglow as they have treated their customers right and created a great reputation

wicked just says screw you for returning our crappy laser, we dont want it, but we can screw some other noob now that youve learned a thing or two... :p ;D :D ;)... but i have known some people to get good lasers from them, like my friend, he has an overpowered advance... and their goggles are good and so are the cores,,.... but, i got screwed by them, it took them 3 weeks to refund my money for my odehopping evo35

Things

RobTheVIP: We are not saying Nova is the greatest because this forum is baised, we are saying it from customer experience. All the people who dont like WL have probably owned a under spec wicked laser, simple as that. SenKat did not leave because he thought this forum was getting basied, he was sick of all this DRAMA that people bring on. People that have had to RMA to Nova apparently got a higher rated unit back, it all comes from personal experience. I don't just go down to some shop and say i hate their products without even trying them out. Please can we stop with the drama, the OP made a post showing the results for his laser, we don't need more of this going around the forum, causing more people to leave.