Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So I just got obsessed with lasers...

ckpcw

Hello everyone!
I'm an undergrad EE student and few weeks ago I bought the cheapest green laser that eBay had. It arrived several days ago. After playing with it constantly for a day or so, I realized that I was obsessed with lasers.

So I found these forums and have been learning like mad. The green 5mw has since died in the name of taking things apart, but all is not lost. A new 50mw greenie is on the way and I am building 2 lasers - an 803t with a flexdrive and a red burner with a rkcstr driver.

So basically, this is a great community with some very helpful info - I'll be out of n00bdom in no time! :p

Welcome to LPF,
Your off to a great start!
You have done it right, read, reading & more reading.
Looks like your ready for hands on!

zachlr

The same kind of thing happened to me. I was always into lights and 5 mW cat toys, and I never knew about high-powered lasers before now, but I never looked into it ether. I have an Alpha85 shipping as we speak. What got me into buying it was I was browsing through the ThinkGeek website and saw a 10 mW for 130 dollars that I was thinking about getting. I'm so glad I didn't because I would not have been nearly as pleased with a 10 as an 85. But anyway, after I saw that one in think geek, I started researching them into the wee hours of the morning every night, joined this forum, and finally bought one. I look forward to building a few once I get the money for the parts. Now I am a laser enthusiast, and I hope to get into a career that uses/builds/fixes/etc lasers.