Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So I got some batteries today...

Got tired of speculating as to whether batteries might be a problem on my supposed 400mW o-like Crown that is running 296mW.

So I got me some AW's

I got the red unprotected and the black protected. Not sure which are better, the blacks have more reserve but the reds don't have the protection circuit. It will probably boil down to which one fits.

I also got,a nice xtar charger. All from lighthound ,they are way high on that charger - I found it at SB flashlights for $135, but with the shipping separate and all, it didn't work out to be worth bothering with. I probably should have asked them to price match.

Also, I know that I am a total geek for this, but I love their GITD battery carriers.

Batteries by tsteele93, on Flickr

Damn... I really need a better charger lol.

I find the laser does better with the red aw imr's but I also end up using a couple of spacers... otherwise the battery is too short.

Is your Xtar WP6 or WP6 II model ?

Good question, Lighthound says it is WP6 II but I don't see anything saying that. Hang on, let me look it over...

Yeah, the documentation says WP6II

WP6II by tsteele93, on Flickr

Damn... I really need a better charger lol.

I find the laser does better with the red aw imr's but I also end up using a couple of spacers... otherwise the battery is too short.

Yeah, this is nice. Not as easy as I had hoped. It handles 18650's beautifully. The other sizes can be annoying with the spacers, a stack of dimes might be easier. :D

Last edited: