Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So i found 2 little pieces of plastic...

1 is a broken piece of plastic on those flashing road block thingys, the orange plastic where the flashing light is.

the other is a yellow-neon colored plastic that was wrapped around a pole, it's reflective, so I shined my laser through them and i was pleasantly surprised!

Also i found the screw on cap to my 1mW red laser which i pointed my 30mW green through, and it shows a green $ sign. For now i will upload the crappy cell phone pictures, and later will come the good quality pics.

[media width=425]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXohyfqjiOE[/media]

imag0133te9.jpg

imag0134mf2.jpg

imag0135pj2.jpg

imag0137wt0.jpg

imag0129hr1.jpg

I cant find the video camera right now, ill find it tomorrow...
my phone's camera you really cant control the exposure (atleast not with the software it currently has), so I cant get any decent pictures, it looks much better in person.

Nice pictures and video, but why would you have that broken plastic from a road block? ::)

lol i picked it up after shining my laser through the plastic on the reflective tape, hoping it too would produce a nice design.

daguin

mikeeey said:
1 is a broken piece of plastic on those flashing road block thingys, the orange plastic where the flashing light is.

the other is a yellow-neon colored plastic that was wrapped around a pole, it's reflective, so I shined my laser through them and i was pleasantly surprised!

Dayum! Now I have to start picking up litter along the road too?

Nice find!

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1216887354/0#0 date=1216887352]1 is a broken piece of plastic on those flashing road block thingys, the orange plastic where the flashing light is.

Dayum!  Now I have to start picking up litter along the road too?

Nice find!

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

ahaha every time i post someone finds a funny way to re word it!

Ace82 said:
Awesome contributions to the Media Forum! That shit rocks! :D
thanks!
only thing that sucks is the divergence (am I even using it in the right context) when pointed through. if you are 5 feet away it will produce a 5 foot image. You have to be very close to whatever you're pointing at or it will be way too big and you cant even see it.

keeperx said:
focus your laser diferently, youll get different results
your right! although not extremely different, jsut makes some lines thicker, some dots bigger. magnifies patterns (such as the repeated triangles). With my 150mW focusable lsaer it would probably be easier to see the difference.

The $ & diffraction grating look nice together. I'm kind of suprised it turned out that good.