Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So here I am sitting on a beach in Kenya

I'm assuming that you flew into Nairobi, right? What part of Kenya are you in now ? Meaning the name of the place where the beaches are. Also, where were you when you took the picture of the lion and the zebra. It seems like it could be real interesting in Kenya.

Last edited:
Yep, flew Heathrow to Nairobi, spent a night at the Southern Sun (ex Holiday Inn) then started the Safari in Saburu (2 days) then on to the Treetops for 1 night, Lake Nakuru and Lake Navaisha for 1 night then to the Mara for 2 nights.

Flew from Nairobi to Mombasa to stay 5 nights at Hemmingways resort in Watamu, 2 hours or so up the coast, which is where I am typing this at the moment. We leave this afternoon to reverse the flights and arrive back in London early tomorrow morning.

The lions with the zebra were on the very first game drive in Samburu.

The beach at Watamu suffers badly from seaweed at this time of year, but the fishing looks fantastic judging from the catches we have seen brought back to the hotel. There are a few local attractions, but mainly we have been chilling out by the pool and enjoying great food in the restaurant :)

I would recommend that everyone does a safari at least once in their lives, if only to see wild animals in their natural habitat.

Jerry