Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So did I get burned??

Hey all new member here I'll save the introduction for proper forum group but long story short I wanted to buy my first high power blue laser. I finally made a decision and went with a site that I trust from China that I've been using for e-cigarettes for a long time. They are a very large tech company and have the ability to sell machined pieces of stainless steel that would fit an 18650 And has connectors to fit 18350, 18450 and has a bottom switch and a adjustable pin on the top (a basic mech mod) that's laser engraved for 25$. Anyway back to the lasers I purchased a 5 W blue purple 450 nm laser for $80.. After looking at laser pointer pro and seeing they were out of China as well their prices seem to be about 1 1/2 to 2 times the price that I paid on fast tech.com should I be worried do you guys think that I may have bought something that was gonna be way under spec?? That it won't be what it was advertised as I saw a 1 watt video on you tube from them and the laser metered 1.3. Actually they sell the kit on the silver 12 post one that looks like it's out off a shiny motorcycle for 129 laser pointer pro has for similar but the one I ordered is without anything just the unit in a white cheap box for 80 it looks like a WL arctic here's the link.. Please tell me what tall think also it has no extra electronic safety features like reverse polarity or anything so no cost for that

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1...0mw-450nm-blue-light-zooming-laser-flashlight

Sta

Hey all new member here I'll save the introduction for proper forum group but long story short I wanted to buy my first high power blue laser. I finally made a decision and went with a site that I trust from China that I've been using for e-cigarettes for a long time. They are a very large tech company and have the ability to sell machined pieces of stainless steel that would fit an 18650 And has connectors to fit 18350, 18450 and has a bottom switch and a adjustable pin on the top (a basic mech mod) that's laser engraved for 25$. Anyway back to the lasers I purchased a 5 W blue purple 450 nm laser for $80.. After looking at laser pointer pro and seeing they were out of China as well their prices seem to be about 1 1/2 to 2 times the price that I paid on fast tech.com should I be worried do you guys think that I may have bought something that was gonna be way under spec?? That it won't be what it was advertised as I saw a 1 watt video on you tube from them and the laser metered 1.3. Actually they sell the kit on the silver 12 post one that looks like it's out off a shiny motorcycle for 129 laser pointer pro has for similar but the one I ordered is without anything just the unit in a white cheap box for 80 it looks like a WL arctic here's the link.. Please tell me what tall think also it has no extra electronic safety features like reverse polarity or anything so no cost for that

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1...0mw-450nm-blue-light-zooming-laser-flashlight

Welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, it looks like you were scammed, but not badly. Your '5000mW' unit will be more like 1-2W; however, that's right around the real price for such a laser. Laser Pointer Pro is yet another shady website - their lasers are almost all underspec (under specifications.) A good 5W 445nm will set you back $300-400, but I'd suggest for now that you wait on that and use this one as a 'training wheels' laser. You will not regret it. When the time comes, I suggest you buy from Sanwu, a very reputable Chinese company here on the forums. Here's a link to a 5W blue laser, as you wanted: https://sites.google.com/site/hkfew5e22/Series/Spike

Last edited:

Razako

It's probably gonna be 1000-2000mw rather than 5000. Fortunately it's still a decent deal even if they overstated the output. Overall you should still be happy with it and it's a good introduction to lasers.

Last edited:
yes a genuine 5000mW will be $400...

if you ever decide to get one just give me and other builder a pm.

Yeah I think you're right maybe hopefully will be like 3.5 but yes similar video from about a year ago have like a $50 1.3 W laser that is specked it one but seems to cost quite a lot to do 5w power. No I just need to find a place to buy some glasses for like 30/40 bucks from the states.. Is that realistic?

Reactions: Sta

Pman

As others have stated don't expect it to be much over 2W at the most. Peoples have lost perspective these days with how much power even 1W is with all the newer diodes out. These are dangerous and you absolutely cannot treat them with indifference. There's nothing wrong with paying $80 for a 1W so if that's the real output you didn't get ripped off for the price. There is no way they are selling an actual 5W for that much.
That being said good on you for trying to get the appropriate glasses and I wasn't picking on you with my comments. 1W has not suddenly become low power just because there are other lasers with more output.

Razako

Reactions: Sta
No I know that one lot is pretty powerful and I'm not trying to be one of those people that's irresponsible trying to shoot plains or any kind of dumb crap like that but ideally when you geit something that's advertised a certain way you would like to think that that is what you got even though I understand that probably for my uses there's really no distinction between one And 5 w

therés a big different.. a 5 watt will be very bright burn anything that get in front of the beam. even solders..

OD 6 is about as good as it gets--
to know how well-- take a 1 and add 6 zeros-so only 1/100000th gets thru

hope I have that right--might be 1/100000th-either way not much gets thru-- BUT be very careful about any beams coming from over or past your ear and reflecting from the 'inside' (think mirror) into an eye-those side shields serve a purpose.

welcome-will be looking for your intro in the Welcome forum--hak

PS after that, I hope to see your location in your profile do both of those & I have a +8 rep bump for you & a friend invite too.. (hope you are near Houston)