Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

***** Smooth Looking 3w 445 nm beast! ****

Ok, so I have been tooling around on this forum for a few months now but have yet to have any thing post worthy to share until now. Thanks to DTR (who is a f***ing genius by the way) I can't help but show off this beast!

I'm a rookie when it comes to building lasers so when I came across DTR's 510 threaded heat sinks I knew that was the ticket to satisfying that urge for a big power hand held laser. To make sure I had plenty of power I went ahead and dropped a Nichia 9mm 445 diode, the three element glass lens , (told my self the beam quality was the reason but really I was being cheap!) and the X-drive bucking laser driver. All that was left was a host kit that could match the power with a solid look and appeal. I Ended up running a mutation x 18650 battery mod and tossed a few 18350's to get the 7 watts needed to power the monster laser. I couldn't be more happy with the results Thank you again DTR For the help , great suggestions and feedback. I would more than likely be destroying 10 dollar eBay 532nm handhelds lasers trying to find a potentiometer that only existed on you tube video tut titled " how to pot mod " you laser . "

Drum roll please..... j/k (I'm excited ok , don't talk shit )
2015-04-10 12.09.36.jpg

20150410_223821-1 copy.jpg

20150410_224347.jpg

Any feed back or suggestion fell free to post!. Im trying to decide my next laser snd could you.

Any newbies out there that wants a customer laser but aren't much of a sodder master then you need take a look at DTR's 510 threaded heat sinks.f

Attachments

• beam2.jpg
    beam2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, digitaldollars! :beer:

That is a good choice for a first build, especially if you don't have any previous build experience. It doesn't get any easier than just adding batteries!
Those DTR modules give the term "plug & play" laser a whole new meaning; it looks like you got the new 2nd version module with the integrated focus adapter, nice.
These modules are great for host interchangability. I've got one one of the earlier style modules with a 462nm in it, and love it!

Looks great! yea those heatsinks of his open up a whole LOAD of host options- and I haven't seen one that looks bad so far :)