Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Small Problem

Hi,I am new here, and I found this forum really great and helpful in laser experiments.I wanted to buy a diode off ebay.I spotted a 1w 808nm for 20$,and I could submit a best offer.I wanted to offer 20$ for 2,but instead I am kind of stuck with 2 laser diodes for 40$.What to do now?
I know this kind of laser is really powerful,so care would have been taken and adequate protection used.I am studying in electromechanics,so my small experiment wouldn't have been taken lightly or in few details.

Please help me,lol,I didn't want to pay that much for a laser diode,it was in error!

Ebay listing : 808nm 1000mw 1W burning IR laser diode. USA 3 day ship on eBay.ca (item 270637971289 end time 30-Sep-10 20:04:55 EDT)

P.S. if my writing isn't perfect,don't blame me,please.I am french speaking natively :D

do you also realise this laser is invisible? perhaps message the seller or open a dispute with ebay explaining it was an error (from memory this can be done, as i have seen people retract bids from auctions of mine even before, if they mistakenly put in the wrong numbers. also if the seller is kind enough he may listen to your explanation and cancel the sale).

Yes,I realised,but didn't it was that much invisible.But I really wanted a cutting laser.I have contacted him,but still no answer,if there is still nothing tomorrow evening,I will pay for it,and then I will try to sell it back on either ebay,or maybe here,if anyone is interested.

its VERY invisible. 1W will look like 1mw of red if your lucky. as for cutting what material and what colour are you trying to cut? with 1W of power u wont be able to cut anything very thick or quickly

Good luck. The company that sold you the diodes does not have a very good reputation here.

Just open a dispute, and tell ebay about the mistake. They will help you remove the bid.

I already paid for the item,so I guess I must go on resolution center?I didn't hear from them yet.Its been 2 days that I sent them a message.I had to pay,since I didn't want to get a negative feed back.

I guess I will try to call them...because ebay doesn't seem to allow me to retract my offer that I paid already.If it doesn't work,I guess I will open an issue through resolution center in paypal.Is it a good idea?