Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Slick Transaction... ya think???

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a heads up for any serious members planning to do
any business with this member....
Buyers Beware......................

SOLD!!! - Arctics no longer available!
Well, I decided to start building my own lasers. I already have the 2 diodes and the drivers I'm going to use.
So I'm parting with my 2 Arctic G2's.
The first one I bought brand new from Wicked Lasers (Bought in Feb of last year, received in July last year)
The second one I bought from a member on here.
One has the extra lenses (the X pattern lens broke, so I threw it out, all other lenses are there, unused). The other does not have extra lenses, only the regular and low power lens.

I have never used the low power lenses on any of these, only the high powered lens, and the only other lens I used was the flashlight lens.
My original WL unit has about 10mins use TOPS! I'm too chicken to use these without everything in lock down in my house.
The one I bought from a member here has even less use from me!! He told me he "maybe" put 20 mins total use on it, and I've added maybe 2-3 mins on top of that.

Will include the WL Goggles with each. I only have 1 stock battery charger left, the other fried 10 mins into charging, like most other people's did.

For the original WL G2 Arctic with the extra lenses, the battery and charger and goggles I will consider $185 OBO + shipping

For the second G2 Arctic, with battery (no charger :( ), and goggles, I will let that one go for $170 OBO + shipping.

I am in Canada BTW, but these are US prices. Preferably a Canadian will buy these (it will be a slick transaction for both of us).

I will ship to the US, and will do my best to make sure you get it, but cannot be held responsible if something happens and your package is seized or something. We can discuss our options if you truly are interested in it.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks.
Well when I saw the pics of the Arctic this seller was offering I
PMed him on Aug 19 and offered to trade or buy the 1st Arctic
Laser.
That same day I received an acknowledgment of acceptance
of my offer to purchase the 1st Arctic Laser.

I asked him to send it to a middleman in the same City to check
out the Laser and if all was fine I would send the seller full payment.
He was to arrange shipping to the middleman with the pre-advised
middleman.

On Aug 24 I finally get some news from the seller...
FutureOne said:
Hey there.

So I've changed my mind on a couple of things. First, I've decided to keep 1 of my Arctics, and I think I will keep the original one I got from WL.

But I have a proposition for you: I still would like to sell the Arctic I bought from a member here. Cosmetically and functionally it's exactly the same as my other Arctic.

I would be willing to do a straight up trade for one of your Laserbee 2W LPM's

So now the deal has gone sour for the 1st Arctic Laser deal for
some reason.. but not to worry too much...there is a new offer
on the table for a trade for the 2nd Arctic Laser...

I asked the seller to arrange shipping to the middleman again
and as soon as the Laser is OKed by the Middleman I would
send a brand new LaserBee 2.5W USB to the seller.

On Aug 28 I had not received any news so I PMed the seller
for an update.....

This morning on Aug 29 I got a PM with his response....

FutureOne said:
Hey man, sorry I haven't logged onto the board for a few days. Your buddy took very long to get back to me. The last e-mail he sent me on Friday said he didn't have time to have me drop by to give it to him, and he would rather I ship it to him instead.

That same day someone bought it and picked up the laser locally. So it's gone now. Sorry dude.

Please take head and try to avoid this seller... he will pull you around
by the nose. He is not a responsible or trustworthy Seller...IMO
He seems to be self centered and his word is definitely worthless.

WOW... was that a slick 10 day transaction or what... :crackup:

Jerry

Helios

Well it sounds like going with a middle man was a good decision as at least you never sent him any money.

He also doesn't sound very mature by his actions or his communication skills.

rhd

He's also full of $#!&:

The first one I bought brand new from Wicked Lasers (Bought in Feb of last year, received in July last year)

So... he bought an Arctic S2 before they were released? Before 445s were available in pointers?

Yeah... the middleman is the way to go when dealing
with a new member with no reputation or credentials...

@ rhd
Most children trying to be adults and fail are...:eg:

Its too bad....
I lost nothing but time...
He lost any credibility and his reputation...

Jerry

Cam453

Don't blame it on his physical age it's his mental one you have to worry about. :eg: My brother and I are in high school and have had no problems with online sales through places like ebay. We can pretty much have the item sent the very next day permitting the post office is open.

Backing out of a deal twice, and disappearing for days at a time is no way to do business on here.

Thanks for the heads up about this guy.

@CAM it's not necessarily the age. but at what stage you are at in life. i am 30 with a full time job. if i sell a part that is junk i can afford to replace it promptly with out the customer feeling ripped off.
somebody in high school isn't generally able to do that. most kids that sell here have the money spent as soon as they receive it. and that is where the problem lies. it's not their money till the customer is happy.

not saying you are like that. and i apologize if i offended you, but most generalities are true. =/

Last edited:

Cam453

I'm not offended I'm just pointing out a generalization. I've only really ever had one problem selling an item and that was because we had overlooked a single package on a busy day and forgot half of the items :banghead: but they were refunded quickly and we only lost a few dollars to return shipping.

I feel for ya... I am in the middle of one of those right now. Not here, thru eBay.

a real nightmare. i am ready to cancel the sale.

consider yourself lucky, the laser he was offering probably didn't work, and if it did, then he'd be calling you every other day with an question about the meter...

I feel for ya... I am in the middle of one of those right now. Not here, thru eBay.

a real nightmare. i am ready to cancel the sale.

consider yourself lucky, the laser he was offering probably didn't work, and if it did, then he'd be calling you every other day with an question about the meter...

I'm not felling bad... I didn't lose any $$$...it was just a waste of time
dealing with irresponsible sellers.

Any questions about our LaserBee products is no problem... They
would get answered the same way we take take of our other LPM
customers. ;)

As to eBay... I'm nos sure of your circunstances... but if you have not
paid for your Item and are having problems with the seller... you can
report him as you believing he is fraudulent and ask to cancel the
transaction...

Jerry

Last edited:
In my defense:

You offered me like $20 less than my asking price. I agreed. You asked me to ship everything to a 3rd party as a "safety measure" (for you). You gave me the info for a person that is here in the same city I am. I sent this person an e-mail. 2 days passed without a reply. Finally the guy replied saying "sorry your E-mail ended up in my junk folder".

So finally I spoke with the 3rd party, and I asked him if I could meet up with him somewhere (I even offered to drive there myself, no effort would be required on his part). Another day passed, and then he replied "sorry I don't have any time, I have my kids, and other stuff that doesn't give me time to meet up with you, just ship the product please".

All this time I had already been offered my full asking price by 3 different people, so I had enough, and said yes to the 3rd guy.

If you thought you got the run around, next time, get a 3rd party that's not a flake.

Any questions about our LaserBee products is no problem... They
would get answered the same way we take take of our other LPM
customers. ;)

As to eBay... I'm nos sure of your circunstances... but if you have not
paid for your Item and are having problems with the seller... you can
report him as you believing he is fraudulent and ask to cancel the
transaction...

Jerry

I am the seller, and I am cancelling the transaction.

and I did report him as suspect of fraudulent activities, with address switchiing and all. I think he bought it (a QSC 2 ch x 200W amp, new in box) for $300, put it on ebay for more, and someone bought it, thus the 5 day delay in paying and the request to ship to a different address then his confirmed paypal address.

I wasn't saying that you'd take issue with questions, to the contrary; you're a popular guy here, surely in part because of your willingness to answer questions and share your knowledge.

And thanks for sharing!

In my defense:

You offered me like $20 less than my asking price. I agreed. You asked me to ship everything to a 3rd party as a "safety measure" (for you). You gave me the info for a person that is here in the same city I am. I sent this person an e-mail. 2 days passed without a reply. Finally the guy replied saying "sorry your E-mail ended up in my junk folder".

So finally I spoke with the 3rd party, and I asked him if I could meet up with him somewhere (I even offered to drive there myself, no effort would be required on his part). Another day passed, and then he replied "sorry I don't have any time, I have my kids, and other stuff that doesn't give me time to meet up with you, just ship the product please".

All this time I had already been offered my full asking price by 3 different people, so I had enough, and said yes to the 3rd guy.

If you thought you got the run around, next time, get a 3rd party that's not a flake.

You have no defense...

The flake is obviously you.... You agree to terms and change
them to suit yourself without informing me until you have already
violated the deal by selling to someone else...

You jerked me around for 10 days... You are not to be trusted
in any other deals with anyone on this Forum. and I'll be watching
you to see you don't screw around with any other LPF member...

You don't bother people with a family if they don't want you at
there home because they don't know you.

The deal we made was with Shipping Included... You could have
easily rejected my offer when I made it instead of accepting it...

All you had to do was Ship the Laser to him... I even chose someone
close by so the shipping was not expensive for you... but still you
couldn't put on your big boy pants and ship it.

Then to top it off you make another deal with me because you
dropped the ball and got more $$$ out of the 1st deal that fell
through as well because you have no ethics or honor...

Shame on you... Grow up...

I am the seller, and I am cancelling the transaction.

and I did report him as suspect of fraudulent activities, with address switchiing and all. I think he bought it (a QSC 2 ch x 200W amp, new in box) for $300, put it on ebay for more, and someone bought it, thus the 5 day delay in paying and the request to ship to a different address then his confirmed paypal address.

If you ship to an address other than the Address supplied to
PayPal by the buyer... you risk not being protected by PayPal
and risk loosing the product and your money...

I will never ship to an address other than that attached to the
buyers PayPal account.
If the address is not correct it is up to the Buyer to update it
before he pays...

Jerry

Last edited:
There is no stalking involved...
If I happen to stumble on him sell anything I'll
just link back to here and the buyer can make
up his own mind...
And it seems he doesn't believe in Karma...:whistle:

Just trying to protect the LPF community from
sellers like that....:cool:

Jerry

Last edited:

Trevor

Jerry, I completely understand why you're upset over this transaction.

But I'd cool it a bit on the ad hominem if I were you. You may not take a reputation hit for it, but people do remember things like that. :undecided:

Just my opinion; it's worth what you paid for it... ;)

-Trevor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.