Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SKYLASERS HL - 532 300mW $100

*** SOLD ***

$100 - I am selling my Skylasers HL 532nm 300mW (NO IR FILTER). I am selling it since I'm looking to buy a 520nm laser. I bought it in early June 2015. It has about an hour of runtime total. It's a great laser but I'm going for something new now. :beer:

On Sky's website this goes for $160, after shipping about $180. I'm selling for $100 *including shipping* and the following:

INCLUDED:
* Original black "leather" case
* The laser (wrist strap attached)
* 2 key switches
* 2 metal tailcap plugs
* 1 good name-brand Li-ion 16340 (650mAh)

Keep in mind this is DPSS 532 and high power (compared to basic mass-available 532 pointers). So it takes about 30-45 seconds to warm up, as is natural for DPSS. I have not measured divergence but would estimate it about 1.5-2mRad. I'd believe this is using a 5.6mm 808 diode so with a bigger diode & bigger beam naturally a bit more divergence. I have never seen other "modes" last for more than a few seconds. It stays roughly TEM00 most of the time when warming up. Once warmed up it's a TEM00 with small ripples/morphing surrounding the dot. Focused to infinity you won't notice. The dot is about half the size of a grain of rice up close! :beer:

PayPal only, and want to keep this within USA to avoid customs. Contact me and if you decide to buy, you would email/PM me address info, and when payment is received I'll ship it out. I'll include a tracking number & would like to do signature upon delivery.

The last photo is this laser (after warm up) compared to a ~50mW 532 AAA pen pointer. :shhh:

Attachments

• 1 (1).JPG
    1 (1).JPG
    116 KB · Views: 92
  • 1 (2).JPG
    1 (2).JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 1 (3).JPG
    1 (3).JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 1 (4).JPG
    1 (4).JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 1 (5).JPG
    1 (5).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 1 (6).JPG
    1 (6).JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 1 (7).JPG
    1 (7).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Buy! Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy! Asldfkhweina;dskfas;dkljsdfvgle
Edit: [throws money at the screen]

Last edited:
***SOLD ALREADY!***

I was expecting to be dealing with this sell for a long time, glad to pass on this "torch" ^_^

Attachments

• RAGE 1.jpg
    RAGE 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
You got an excellent deal on that. My HL300 is still going strong, they are great lasers :beer:

You got an excellent deal on that. My HL300 is still going strong, they are great lasers :beer:

:beer:
hahaha I'm so happy I can't sleep. Gotta get up in 2 hours for my girlfriend's brother's paintball birthday party. No point sleeping anymore

Last edited:
Mailed out your laser today buddy. PM'd you with the tracking #.

I think the higher power 532's, bigger 808-diode (5.6mm?) have more noticeable warm up and brightness changes. Good divergence with the HL though. I love 532, but the warm-up just kills it for me. For 532 I'm sticking to my $11 ~50mW AAA pen pointer using a 10440 Li-ion and spacer/dummy AAA. I guess it's using a smaller 3.8mm 808 diode. The beam is super thin, tiny crisp dot, divergence is great. And nearly no mode-hopping.

I use lasers in quick flashes mostly around my room and in the night sky so I want immediate full brightness :beer:

I have used a 520 before with a G2 lens and the beam specs are def not as good as DPSS 532. Curious what the 3-element would have done. I've also noticed (and also confirmed from a few people) that 520 diodes have crooked output and artifacts when focused to infinity. But stable as a rock. For divergence and beam specs I'm getting a 650/660 with a 3-element glass, which should be a KING of low divergence.

For visibility I can use a 520...or my 1.6W 445 with 0.86mRad, that thing is killer.

I love the stability of straight diode output. :beer:

Last edited:
Well everyone, need to update you all. AgentMcBaine got the laser, LPM'd it and it's defective, waaaay underspec. Doesn't even hit 120mW. Attached graph he sent me.

I didn't have an LPM & was going to get it measured but didn't. But I thought it was on-spec after the warm up though since to me, it looked pretty bright. I've had a 100mW 532 last year, and from what I remembered it was def brighter than that 100. I was expecting brighter from that HL, but I also heard the difference between 200mW and 300mW is not much, so I figured it was 300mW.

I have offered a refund and I want to send this back to SKYLASERS as defective. I saw on their website last month there's a 6 month warranty for DPSS, 1 year for other lasers. I searched their website and cannot find this page now, it was buried somewhere. I have a feeling the return process isn't going to go well though, even though it's well under 6 months.

Attachments

• HL 300mW POWER.png
    HL 300mW POWER.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 100
It's all good tho. Has anyone ever tried to return a laser with them? Idk since usually their stuff is so good