Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SINNER/EHGEMUS Host review =D (Long Read)

NKO29

Hey guys, I have been awaiting 2 hosts from 2 of LPF's GREATEST machinists (Sinner&Ehgemus) I purchased a unique custom host off Ehgemus, and the MS-V4 off Sinner... Lets get reviewin'!

I'll start off the review with the order process:
Both Sinner and Ehgemus were polite, helpful and very quick to get the order underway. Within 2 or 3 PMs, I had paid for the hosts and started the waiting game! Postage for Ehgemus's host was fairly speedy from USA, but I was waiting for Sinner's host for over a month :( However Sinner was very helpful and thank god it arrived! I won't deduct ANY points for postage, as I could see the date when it was shipped and it was almost immediately after I paid. Both hosts were well packed and arrived in good shape :) ONTO PICS :wave:

Both hosts side by side:
dxb1.jpg

I'll Review Ehgemus's host first, then Sinner's :) (images first then description)
Full host:
1gf0.jpg

3a3q.jpg

Focus Adapter:
1hv7.jpg

Tailcap/Switch:
cram.jpg

e4ys.jpg

Battery Spacer for 2x 18650 & Contact board:
x40b.jpg

Host fully broken down:
0zmk.jpg

This host takes 2x 18650s for great battery life! As you can see in the pictures, this host is GIANT! It is very solid in the hand and the machining is SUPERB! I cannot see 1 error in the machining, which gives the most amazing finish. The whole host has grooves all over it and provides great grip for sweaty hands. The polishing is also top notch, the focus adapter has a mirror finish! The tailcap assembly is also very well made. The clicky switch is very smooth and it is easy to tell what position it's in. Now that brings me to the threading of the tailcap... It is ridiculously SMOOTH! Not much more to say really, the threading is 100%. Lastly the focus adapter... Just to give you an idea of how solid it is, it weighs more than a C6 aluminium heatsink! Anyways overall I love this host, and I can't wait to get a diode in it! (3w+ Hopefully :))

Now Sinner's lovely host...
Full host:
wbjb.jpg

51xt.jpg

Tail Clicky:
zekt.jpg

jb0x.jpg

Diode/Driver assembly:
zknm.jpg

l2cu.jpg

Fully broken down:
1wl2.jpg

This host looks awesome! The squares are so damn...Square! The machining has left superb sharp edges (even after polishing) and leaves this host looking SO cool. This host is a great size for a smaller laser, it feels great to hold and it feels very solid. The tail clicky is well made with a lovely spring! The tail threading is nice and fits together perfectly. Now my favorite part is the Driver/Diode part... The driver part makes building into this host so easy! As long as you have a smaller driver, it is very easy to heatsink. Overall I love this host, it looks amazing and yet again I cannot wait to fill it with a diode!

Well, there you go. 2 Hosts from 2 of LPF's best machinists! I hope you found this review helpful if you're unsure about buying custom hosts etc, I assure you that you wont be disappointed if you decide to buy either machinist's hosts!
-Josh :)

Last edited:

Nice review Josh and really fast to didn't you get them today? i would rep you but i just did earlier.

NKO29

I paid for Ehgemus's Host wayyy after Sinner's one... I have had Sinner's host for a while now :)

Blord

Good comparison between the hosts. The Ehgemus host looks surely very massive. I didn't know it was that big. :)

I paid for Ehgemus's Host wayyy after Sinner's one... I have had Sinner's host for a while now :)
Fair enough just you txt me virtually the minute the big beast arrived so with this thread i assumed both came at same time.

NKO29

Haha, i was just excited for new mail XD You know that rush of receiving mail is amazing!

Great little review! Quick question which version of Sinner MS V4 is this; the 18650 or 16340. Im guessing the former? Also do you also have a pic of his focus adapter?+1 :beer:

Last edited:

NKO29

Thanks! :) This host is the 18650 version actually... I was going to buy the earlier revision but i decided to wait for this, which was a great decision indeed! Focus adapter is in the mail along with another of sinner's hosts lol, SBA forgot to put it in the box :(

Ah ok I was just wondering what the focus adapter on the bigger version looked like, as I didnt see it in his FS thread. I have one of the 16340 ones and its an amazing little host. I built it with an Xboost and a PL520, which for some reason is very low powered ie 15 mW, but actually puts out 510 nm...:D Anyway have fun building! ATB:beer:

Last edited:

sinner

And that's me taking a picture on the left :crackup: Just to clear things up the focus adapter with the 18650 is not the conical one, It is a standard 1" polished focus adapter..

NKO29

Aww, it's a shame it's not the conical one it seems to go alot better with the host... But yeah that was your pic :crackup:

I can't get enough of the sinner series myself. Got a black Zaser on the way from another great machinist. The lpf custom hosts are works of art. After sinners ms-v1 I had to have more!