Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SimpleDrive2 feeler - New driver, super easy to set.

Johnyz

The NejTech SimpleDrive2
The circuit we all love, now in a tight package!
Easier to setup than any other driver!

Tested by time!

As seen here, the NejTech SimpleDrive2 is a simple linear driver. What makes it different is the way you set the current. No more precise turning of the pot, just bridge two pads with a swipe of soldering iron and the current is set. Supports 445, 12x, 8x, LPC and PHR. Experimenting with multiple settings at once is possible, but please do so at your own risk. They have 1.2V voltage drop. It is recommended to heatsink for longer lifetime and duty cycles it if running at 445 or 12x currents. This is a not binding feeler.

Smaller SOT223 version, supplies 1A for 445 and fits in Aixiz module.

Pricing:
20+: $9.5
50+: $8.2

Shipping:
Czech Post (central Europe) Priority
1-5 pcs: $1,5
6-12 pcs: $2

Larger D2PACK version, supplies 1.5A for 445 and does not fit in Aixiz modules

Pricing:
20+: $12,2
50+: $10,85

Shipping:
Czech Post (central Europe) Priority
1-5 pcs: $1,5
6-12 pcs: $2

Payment with PayPal

Last edited:

alf638

I would be interested in the 1.5A version. WOuld it provide this current by selecting 445 or would you need to mod it? If you could tell me what current each setting provides I would find that very useful.

Johnyz

The D2PACK LM1085 version is still being worked on, but I think I will have the prices up soon. They don't fit in an Aixiz module but are capable of doing 1.5A.

Gingah

Noobish question, yes I;m aware, but what LPC are we talking about here? 815 or 826?

Same question applies to the PHR setting, is that for the "new" or "old" PHR's? I'm very interested, would you say the SOT223 is about the size of a rckstr? Give or take a couple mm?

Johnyz

Both the old PHR and old LPC... I now consider this thread dead, since I'm working on new buck driver (true buck, that converts extra voltage into amperage instead of heat). It's gonna be very small, much smaller than the driver you are talking about.

Gingah

I've been gone for quite a while, so all I'm used to is groove, flexdrive, and rckstr.