Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Simple questions about Scanpro 20's

Hi All,

So I've got my holiday bonus ready to spend and I'm about to pull the trigger on a Scanpro 20 kit, some lasers, and maybe a DAC.

I've been doing some research and there's a few things I'm a bit unclear on. From what I've seen, you guys are the people to ask. ;) Here goes...

First, does the scanpro kit come with blanking capability for multiple colors? It looks like people have been setting up RGY systems with it but I can't find where it says how many different colors (lasers) it supports.

Secondly, what lasers would I need to get in order to work with this system, anything that supports ttl? Any specific recommendations? (I'm looking for a red and a green).

Lastly, do the preset patterns make good use of an RGY setup? Is it really worth it as opposed to one color?

Thanks in advance!

It will support rgb. Any thing that has ttl or analog will work. I don't have sp20's so i can't answer the last question.

diachi

I don't think the reprogrammed shows use more than one colour, although the program board does support red blue and green blanking, I think that is for use with ILDA.

-Adam

Diachi said:
I don't think the reprogrammed shows use more than one colour, although the program board does support red blue and green blanking, I think that is for use with ILDA.

-Adam

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

I'm thinking about going the laserboy/sound card route for the DAC. For starters at least. Anyone know if that setup supports multiple colors?

mrblack927 said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1230666786/0#2 date=1230674320]I don't think the reprogrammed shows use more than one colour, although the program board does support red blue and green blanking, I think that is for use with ILDA.

-Adam

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

I'm thinking about going the laserboy/sound card route for the DAC. For starters at least. Anyone know if that setup supports multiple colors?[/quote]
yes it will

The little DMX board the scanpro20's come with does full RGB with TTL modulation, it also has ILDA input that will route all data directly to the lasers and galvos so if your DAC supports analog modulation the show will be too.

The laserboy correction amp works well and allows you to do full color RGB with analog modulation. I personally use Spaghetti to run the shows that I do on ILDA. You can check out my youtube page for lots of videos of shows I've done with my Scanpro20 set. The lasers themselves are what determine if they have blanking and if they are TTL or analog.

http://www.youtube.com/user/008626

Feel free to chat with me on AIM/PM/email if you like.

diachi

oh good you clarified something for me there :) So you can just plug in the ILDA socket that comes with the set into the DMX, put your ILDA signal in and get a laser show so long as you have the signal to your X and Y amps plugged in ?

-Adam

okay so I got my scanpro set and hooked everything up. Just one question... How the hell do you use this DMX program board!

I mean, I turn it on and it works (self test/demo) but I can't seem to get it to do anything else using this dip switch board.

I've been staring at the manual from the LSP website for hours and I just can't follow it. Please... can anyone give me a quick guide as to what switches do what? So far all I've gotten is "self-test" and "off"

Thanks!

diachi

mrblack927 said:
okay so I got my scanpro set and hooked everything up. Just one question... How the hell do you use this DMX program board!

I mean, I turn it on and it works (self test/demo) but I can't seem to get it to do anything else using this dip switch board.

I've been staring at the manual from the LSP website for hours and I just can't follow it. Please... can anyone give me a quick guide as to what switches do what? So far all I've gotten is "self-test" and "off"

Thanks!

Flick all the switches to "on" and it should play random patterns / shows.

-Adam

Diachi said:

-Adam

Right, but the online manual details all these instructions on setting specific patterns and animations. I don't know what they're referencing by saying "DMX channel 1 does this..." and "Values 0-63 does this..."

For example, how would I set it to a specific animation... or even just animation mode?

diachi

mrblack927 said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1230666786/0#8 date=1232642067]

-Adam

Right, but the online manual details all these instructions on setting specific patterns and animations. I don't know what they're referencing by saying "DMX channel 1 does this..." and "Values 0-63 does this..."

For example, how would I set it to a specific animation... or even just animation mode?[/quote]

Flick them all to "on" and it will cycle through all the pre-programmed animations/images.

the DMX channel is for controlling the patterns using an external DMX board, just ignore that for now.

-Adam

Diachi said:
Flick them all to "on" and it will cycle through all the pre-programmed animations/images.

the DMX channel is for controlling the patterns using an external DMX board, just ignore that for now.

-Adam

Okay... but shouldn't I be able to do other things to? Like select a pattern/animation and have it stay there, or cycle through the animations manually (or with sound). Plus, when the switches are all on it doesn't go through everything on the board... there's supposed to be over 100 patterns and it starts over after about 30.

I guess what I'm asking is, what are the other switch combinations for?

Xer0

Hey, i have questions about the Scanpro's too!

I know they have DMX in/out an ILDA in/out
And you say the pass through analog ILDA signals directly to the TTL out's?

Another one:
How could i switch between TTL an Analog? So lets say i run an ILDA Show and after this i want to let the Scanner run just sound-controlled or maybe DMX. how can i switch "on the fly" between ILDA/DMX/Mic ???

Last one: How good its at graphics, maximum framesize, details etc?

Okay... but shouldn't I be able to do other things to? Like select a pattern/animation and have it stay there, or cycle through the animations manually (or with sound). Plus, when the switches are all on it doesn't go through everything on the board... there's supposed to be over 100 patterns and it starts over after about 30.

I guess what I'm asking is, what are the other switch combinations for?

sorry about bringing this thread up from the dead but does anyone know the answer to this?

How to make the DIP settings make the DMX board project a single animation?

I don't think you can do that with the DIP switches. Most of them are for setting an address that is used by an external controller. I think about the best you can do is to set the switches so that the patterns are random and audio modulated with the little microphone. At least that is how it works on the DMX boards I have.

The only way I know of to get it to hold one pattern is to use a DMX controller. Then you can set it to one pattern and it will stay there..